Happy Sunday everyone!
This post is in my week according to instagram. It's mostly the books I
got but I take random pictures sometimes too. Also, make sure you follow me on instagram, I follow back!
This week I've just been feeling BURNT OUT. Some days weren't so bad but most days I just don't want to be near the computer. Keeping up with everything almost became a chore for me. So I know I'm behind on commenting on some blogs and I'll do my best to catch up soon.
For now the big news is that I'm putting together a book drive for the Pine Ridge Reservation. I have a post going up about this week but for now you can think about whether you have some books in good condition to donate. ARC's are okay. I'm also putting together an Amazon wishlist and they are in need of books in Lakota, which I have a website you can order from. Details to come!
For now I did some shelf thinning of the kids books and came up with nearly 100 to send. It's a mix of picture books and middle grade books. I'll send this out this week as I have more in the area planning to donate so I'll have more to send out soon. I hope you can help out!
This box of goodies came last Saturday after I'd already written up my post, but it's a whole of goodies from author Suza Kates. All the books are signed and the swag is AWESOME! Big thank you to Suza Kates!
This was one of the pieces of swag included and I thought it was cute. It's an ereader cleaner and says "Because the dirty bits should be on the inside of your ereader!"
This last one was something I found on etsy. Isn't it perfect!
It's made by HomeStudio, this is a screenshot but it's not owned by me. I encourage you check them out, they have LOADS of awesome ones and they are on sale {they are as I type this, but it may be over by the time this is up}! They have a lot of great bookish ones and I want them ALL! I'm warning you now, you go there- you'll never leave!
This week we announced Fiery Hot Reads for Icy Cold Nights, an awesome even hosted by me, Rainy Day Ramblings, My Guilty Obsession and The Nocturnal Library Feb. 8-15. This also includes a blog hop. Click on the images for all the details!






















Love the pictures. Happy reading to you!
ReplyDeleteAndreea
Oh what a great idea. I hope that donation will go well :) Also you've got some great books this week, but that pendant is amazing. I'd love to have it. Also Fire and Ice Blog Hop sounds great. I'll give my best to join. Great post, Candace :)
ReplyDeleteI love the tile and the cleaner, how cute!!
ReplyDeleteI have been feeling burnt out as well and I have no idea why, maybe it is the cold weather?
Congrats on all the books and swag this week and I think it is awesome that you are doing a book drive!!
Candace, if you ever need books for a drive, please let me know. I am always happy to donate!
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrea!
DeleteI feel you about the burnout-it's just been a tough year in general. I love that you're working on a book drive-a great way to bring together your interests and so generous; I'm interested to read more in the week to come.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week. I'm starting to feel burn-out as well. Candace, if you need books for a book drive, I'm more than willing to donate. Just let me know where to send them. I like the e-reader cleaner. Nice haul.
ReplyDeleteGrace
Books of Love
http://gracebooksoflove.com
Thanks Grace, I'll be sure to let you know the info when my post is up!
DeleteGoddess looks good, hope you enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI hope the book drive goes amazingly. Enjoy the week ahead. I'm off to check out Fire and Ice BH now.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by.
Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post
I love the little charm and the eReader cleaner. Hang in there regarding the burn out. I find if I take a weekend off here or there it really helps me. What an awesome thing you are doing for the book drive!
ReplyDeleteOh, Candace, I followed the link to Etsy and spent 2 hours just browsing. That site will be the end of me. I do adore your scrabble pendant, it's so gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for donating all those books! You're awesome. :)
I love those etsy ones. They'll make great Christmas presents for my reading buddies.
ReplyDeleteThat's so wonderful of you, Candace. Keep up the good work. I do hope you enjoy everything that you got this week.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool that you're doing that for the kids at Pine Ridge. I look forward to your post on that. Okay, I'm going to check out that website .... wish me luck with my self-control.
ReplyDeleteHah, I love that e-reader cleaner. Too clever! And cute pendant. I love all those bookish goodies one etsy.
ReplyDeletethe necklace is so cute!
ReplyDeleteThere are lots of exciting things happening! I definitely love the e-reader cleaner, and I'll check out your list (once you make it), to see if there's anything that I can donate. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that Scrabble necklace! Thanks for sharing the etsy site who made them... I have 2 bookish secret santas to buy for so I'm looking through the shop now :)
ReplyDeleteI just spent way too much time browsing the etsy site...love it! I will send you my donation book list later today. I think the secret to fighting the burnout bug is taking some GUILT FREE downtime. I am trying to work on that one. Keep up the good work Candace. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI love buying products from Esty. There so unique.
ReplyDeleteOoh I love that book hangover pendant! I am in danger of going down a serious time wasting rabbit hole with Etsy now. I can't stop oohing and aahing at all the fun jewelry and crafts!
ReplyDeleteLove the charm! It's really cute :)
ReplyDeleteI love the instagram posts! The charms are really fun. I feel like I'm always in a book hangover!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Lots of nice looking books there! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteMy STS won't be up til tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)