I'm excited to be hosting a tour stop on the Lethal Circuit audiobook blog tour, hosted by me! For a full list of the tour hosts, go look HERE.
On my stop you'll find a review and a giveaway so you can win your own copy!
Lethal Circuit (Michael Chase #1) by Lars Guignard
Audiobook
Source: Publisher
From Best-selling Amazon author Lars Guignard comes the number-one turbo-charged, action spy thriller Lethal Circuit.
A Chinese satellite is on a crash course with Earth.
It contains enough plutonium to irradiate a large city.
And that's the good news...
Michael Chase is a twenty-six year old backpacker, a recent college graduate, an amateur. He flew to Hong Kong to find his missing father. Four hours later, he's running for his life. The Chinese Secret Police want him dead. The Conspiracy wants him dead. And the one person who he thinks is on his side, may want him dead too. If Michael is going to live, he'll need to find a hidden piece of Nazi technology lost since World War II. And he'll have to do it before anyone else. Because if he doesn't, a little plutonium is going to be the least of his problems.
Can Michael Chase team up with a beautiful but deadly MI6 agent to locate a lethal piece of Nazi technology that will save the world?
If you can't get enough of the action of Lee Child and Vince Flynn, the intrigue of Robert Ludlum, and the adventure of Clive Cussler and James Rollins, you are going to LOVE Lethal Circuit!
I don't read books in this genre much at all, but when it comes to audiobooks I'm usually willing to try anything (except horror). So while I may have enjoyed this less if I had read it, it was a thrilling ride on audio!
It's an action packed story about Michael Chase who has gone to China to find some answers about his father. Almost immediately crazy things start happening and he's running for his life. He's a very smart and resourceful guy, he can figure things out remarkably well. And he's pretty likable too, he seems like he might not know much at times, but what he does know, he takes a long way.
This is a book with twists and turns and things thrown in that change the whole game. Writing a review that's spoiler free is far more difficult then I had initially thought. Especially since so much is revealed at the end it has my head swimming still, days later. It's just safe to say that it's a wild and crazy ride, but I found it entertaining. And an added bonus was the fantastic setting of China (most of the time).
The narrator worked for this story for me. I'm not sure I would have liked him for another story, but strangely enough I felt like he really fit Michael's voice and the tone of the story. Sometimes I felt like he accentuated words a bit too much, but then again, I found it kind of fit the story too. So really, things that may have bothered me, just didn't really. I noticed them, made note of them, but never really dwelled on it. At times you could tell the difference when he had gone off and then came back on, the cadence of his voice had changed. A positive thing is that I liked that he had a different cadence to his voice when talking about Michael's past. There were parts that were kind of like memories of Michael's that needed to be separate from the story and I felt like he really pulled that off well.
Overall, I found this to an enjoyable listen. A bit outside what I normally read/listen to, but a nice change. And I'll definitely be watching for the next one!
Disclosure: I received this book for review purposes, all opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.
About the Author:
Lars Guignard is a former film and television writer and a
graduate of both McGill University
and the American Film Institute in Los Angeles.
His debut thriller novel, Lethal Circuit, has been an amazon top 100 Technothriller since its release.
Guignard has wanted to write Indian stories for kids ever since he attended a boarding school in the majestic Himalayas. The time he spent in the “school above the clouds” affected him profoundly, and once he returned home to North America he was struck by the lack of children’s stories from India available in our culture. Since India is such an incredible country, he decided to write a series of action adventure books for young adults about India to introduce young readers to this magical, mystical land. So if you’re looking for a great book adventure for kids, try Ghost Leopard today!
Guignard has wanted to write Indian stories for kids ever since he attended a boarding school in the majestic Himalayas. The time he spent in the “school above the clouds” affected him profoundly, and once he returned home to North America he was struck by the lack of children’s stories from India available in our culture. Since India is such an incredible country, he decided to write a series of action adventure books for young adults about India to introduce young readers to this magical, mystical land. So if you’re looking for a great book adventure for kids, try Ghost Leopard today!
























I haven't tried audiobooks yet but I concur. Some books are just more fun listening to rather than reading.
ReplyDeleteGreat review, Candace!
I still haven't gotten into audiobooks. I'm too impatient! But, as my reading time gets less and less, I may have to join the cult.
ReplyDeleteLike Mary, audiobooks have yet to really take hold with me, though I'm definitely curious. I think it's because they're so long, and I can read so much faster than I can listen, but then I think about how cool it would be to hear a character's voice rather than simply imagine it, and that has me wanting to give audiobooks a try. I'm glad the narrator fit Michael so well in this particularly story, I would think that would be key in your overall enjoyment! Wonderful review as always Candace:)
ReplyDeleteThe setting sounds like it would be amazing. Glad you enjoyed it. I don't mind the occasional audio books. :) Great review.
ReplyDeleteLove it when authors still manage to surprise us
ReplyDeleteI just comment about this book on another post. I wasn't sure if I like this book or not. But you make it sound good.
ReplyDeleteI know how hard it can be writing reviews for books like this one. It sounds like you really enjoyed this!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of audiobooks I just need to get used to them. My brain gets some most interesting ideas when I'm trying to listen to audiobooks. I cannot concentrate. This one seems like a great read and with all this action hopefully it might keep my attention. Great review, Candace :)
ReplyDeleteOh you thought it was so good that it was most likely better than reading it? Okay, curiosity peaked... I might have to get this one on audio!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really good and I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Makes me want to check it out since you liked it, but don't normally read books in this genre. I am going to break down one of these days and try an audio book.
ReplyDeleteThat's great you found this one enjoyable, especially since you were listening to it! I really do need to check out an audiobook; never tried one yet!
ReplyDeleteThank you for organizing this tour, Candace. You are one of the best blog tour hosts we have ever worked with. And thank you for also taking the time to listen to the audiobook and review it. Best, Lars
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you Lars! And you're welcome, it was my pleasure!
DeleteNo horror on audio? Too freaky or you're just not a horro fan at all? I've read the Jonathan Maberry series on audio and it was really good - though those are not exactly horror but the closest I tried. I seem to prefer contemps on audio for some reason. Anyways on to this book lol. I hadn't heard of it before for one and it sounds really exciting with tons of twists which I'm a big fan of (really who isn't?) :) Great review, Candace!
ReplyDeleteReading (or listening) outside your comfort zone can be such a good thing! I like switching up genres when I'm feeling stuck, and I actually do read a lot more adult books than I have place to review on our (mostly) YA blog. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Candace, sounds like it was a gripping book.
ReplyDeleteWendy @ The Midnight Garden
I love these types of action-packed thrillers and must admit I am curious about how it would translate into audio. Love that you stepped out of your comfort zone for this :)
ReplyDeleteI actually really love listening to thrillers like this on audio, even though they're not my usual fare. I did the Jason Bourne books this way, and it's just more exciting, almost more cinematic to listen to them (provided the narrator is good). I really liked this one too, and I thought the narrator did a lovely job! You are so right about spoilers, I have no idea how to describe this book without spoiling something (there are some pretty mind blowing twists), but you did a lovely job! Great review :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome giveaway. I love audio books. These books sound very good.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try this as an audio book. I started walking a couple months ago, am up to 5 miles a day, and think that audio books would be the thing for me. *fingers crossed* Hope I win as this one sounds like it'd be an excellent first step to audio book land!
ReplyDeleteI love audiobooks for all the driving I do. I'm really interested in hearing more about your books
ReplyDeleteI love audiobooks for all the driving I do. I'm really interested in hearing more about your books
ReplyDeleteI love audiobooks for all the driving I do. I'm really interested in hearing more about your books
ReplyDeletehanks for the awesome giveaway. I love audio books.
ReplyDeleteWe are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work. http://www.vimax-review.com
ReplyDelete