Happy Sunday everyone!
This post is in my week according to instagram. It's mostly the books I
got but I take random pictures sometimes too. Also, make sure you follow me on instagram, I follow back!
It's been two weeks since my last instagram update. I did post pictures for The Book Thief book club in my recap post, I won't be posting those again.
Last week you saw my picture of my bookshelf just put together (all by myself!) and still empty. Here's my brand new bookshelf full of books. These are books just thinned from my other shelves so they are so full. And I cleared off the top of one that was starting to get a little top heavy. I'll post more bookshelf pictures in the future. For now here's this new one. That bottom portion is for my daughters artwork and I'm regretting letting her do that, I'm needing the space! Guess I need another bookshelf...
Lisa Schroeder is a local author and my daughter loves her middle grade books. She thinks it's cool that she can read books by a person she actually knows (we see her at book signings and stuff). So Lisa sent over her newest middle grade that comes out in the Spring. This is the first in a 3 part series (I believe it's 3...). She signed it and everything! We started reading it immediately. I have to say, Lisa really writes great characters, I always tend to really love them.
Charmed Life: Caitlin's Lucky Charm by Lisa Schroeder
Another local author that we know pretty well is Inara Scott She has her books traditionally published, but she decided to self publish this one and she sent over a copy for me.
A Sleep So Dark by Inara Scott
She signed it and warned me to keep the lights on. Yikes, I'm scared! I'll read this and then I'll be adding this to my blogoversary giveaway. :) Thanks Inara!
Leeanna.me reminded me how much I loved Pantomime in her review this week. So I jumped over to NG and requested this one (and got it) and can't wait to read it!
Shadow Play by Laura Lam
Because I like taking random pictures of my shelves, here's one I took just to tell everyone these are books that are MUST reads!
And, a last minute add- I spent Saturday at my friend Sara's bridal shower at the library. Yep, a bridal shower at the library, pretty cool! This was the author and blogger shower. So from the left is Lisa Schroeder (author), me, Sara (Novel Novice), Sara Ryan (author), April Henry (author) and our friend Mel (my co-blogger at the PNW blog). It was a great time!
That's everything for this week! I finally got all the winners picked for Something Wicked Returns, so hopefully this week will be a bit more laid back and not so crazy busy.

























I do need to read Pantomime soon, it sounds really good! Yes, you def need another bookshelf lol!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading, Candace! <33
I simply can't have enough bookshelves! When I was planning my new apartment, this was top priority. I need to have room for my books, especially since I'm a bit OC about them and they have to be sorted and aligned perfectly.
ReplyDeleteAnd I really need to read The Seven Realms already! I know I'll enjoy them, but I always end up reading something else. Thanks for the reminder.
Congrats on your new books and I like your bookshelf. It's a good think most of mine are on my Kindle or I wouldn't have room for them. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteYour bookshelf looks great all put together and filled!! Congrats on all the great books this week and what a fun idea having a bridle shower at the library!
ReplyDeleteLove these posts of yours, Candace. I love the random shots of books and series that you highly recommend. I'll be stalking your Instagram soon. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat haul as well. Looking forward to reading your reviews!
Love the idea of a bridal shower at the library! I just saw a pin suggesting bridesmaids give the bride an inscribed copy of their favorite love story, which I shared with my friend who just got engaged-so glad to have some literary friends IRL.
ReplyDeleteA Sleep so Dark looks good, hope you enjoy! Happy reading and have a great week.
ReplyDeleteCandace, the book shelf looks great in it! And love the wrap-up featuring local authors, plus a bridal shower at the library—how awesome! Don't know if you saw this R.P. quote I RT-ed from @NitanSchwarz, Drugs Called Books' tumbler page:
ReplyDeleteRobert Pattinson: “If you find a girl who reads, keep her close. When you find her up at 2 AM clutching a book to her chest and weeping, make her a cup of tea and hold her. You may lose her for a couple of hours but she will always come back to you. She’ll talk as if the characters in the book are real, because for a while, they always are. Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable. If you can only give her monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a girl who reads.”
Kind of swoony/marriage stuff, lol!
Awesome picture, and the bookshelf looks wonderful..but full..you need another one..LOL
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great week, book-wise. And I love the idea with a library shower !
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your photos.
Awesome new reads! Oh gosh you got a lot of books heh. Hope you enjoy them! Shadowplay looks really good.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Demon King Series!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I love the idea of a blogger/author shower. I think I might have to do that. LOL
ReplyDeleteLoved the pictures! All those books on your shelf- such a pretty sight!
ReplyDeleteThe bookshelf looks great! A Sleep So Dark is one that I am curious about. I will be checking it out. Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteYou always go to so many fun author events, Candace! I always enjoy seeing your photographs and recaps. :)
ReplyDeleteWendy @ The Midnight Garden
You filled that sucker up fast. ;) That's so cool that your daughter feels that way and gets to have that experience. Haha - love the shower at the library. No strippers?
ReplyDeleteA sleep so dark is BEAUTIFUL. :D
ReplyDeleteVery cool! A bridal shower in a library. I told my husband when we renew our vows in must be in a bookstore :)
ReplyDeleteI always love getting new bookshelves. But then it's like they're double daring to me fill them, and unfortunately I always rise to the occasion. I feel like I live in a public library at this point. :-) That is so cool that Lisa and Inara sent over copies of their books! I love getting to meet and get friendly with local authors. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteI have the Demon King but haven't read it. My mom borrowed it. I am hoping I get it back lol
ReplyDelete