The Random # Survey is created by Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog.
Here’s how it works, straight from Melissa.
How to participate:1. Pick a number.Keep in mind how many books you have. If you have one bookshelf like me you may want to keep it between 1-10. If you're like Book BFF Angela and have a bunch of bookshelves you may want to pick between a higher range like 1-50.2. Go to your bookshelf and count that many books until you reach your number. Answer the question with that book.(I counted 8 books in and got Delirium). So I used Delirium to answer question 1.3. Count the same number of books from where you left off and answer the next question.Then I counted 8 more books after Delirium and got The Evolution of Mara Dyer and used that book to answer question 2. You get the idea...
So Angela at Reading Angel tagged me in her post and I somehow managed to find a few minutes to participate (I couldn't NOT participate, it just sounded too fun).
I do have a LOT of books, but I wanted to do this quickly and from mostly books I have already read. So I put up to 15 in the random.org generator and got #8! This took me through just two of my bookcases, but that's okay, it's the ones that are well organized, so I'll know where to put the books back at.
1. What do you think of the cover?
I actually really love this cover. I really, really love the book and I think the cover fits it well. Plus it's one I remember and I think it's eye catching.
2. Write a review in 140 characters or less.
Beautiful, creative and unique, the characters and the plot blew me away!
3. How or where did you get this book?
I actually got this particular copy from the author last summer when he invited me and my family (and a few other bloggers and a reporter) to a lunch at a haunted house and a tour around the town where these books take place. He gave us each a gift bag which included both books and several other items. Pretty awesome!
4. Who’s your favorite character in this book and why?
I think I'll go with Tucker for this one. :-)
5. Recommend this book to a fellow blogger you think would like it.
Shoot, I haven't read this one yet!
6. How long ago did you read this book?
I read this one November 9th, 2010 (thank goodness for goodreads!)
7. Name a favorite scene from this book (NO SPOILERS).
Pretty much any dialogue between Augustus and Hazel. It's been ages since I read the book so I don't recall anything specific, I just loved all their discussions!
8. Open to page 87 and pick a random quote to share (NO SPOILERS)
"Well, here we are," Marcus announced. "The land of plenty! Whole thing use to be the town gold course."
9. How did you hear about or discover this book?
Hard to say. Maybe because the whole world reads Meg Cabot, maybe because of the movie.
10. If you could redesign the cover what would you do?
I don't think I would do anything! I think the cover fits perfectly. But if I HAD to change something, it would be not seeing her face so clearly. But even though I don't love seeing faces on covers, I don't really mind it so much for this one.
11. Name your least favorite character in this book and why?
Well, that ones easy, her mother. She was just a horrible, horrible mother.
12. Fill in the blank. If you like____________ then you should try (Your Book).
13. Name one cool thing about this book (under the dust jacket, map, font, photograph, ect.)
It's oversized, bigger than the other hardcovers on my shelf and it's got a red cover under the dusk jacket.
14. Where is it set and would you ever want to visit that world/place.
It takes place in Summer Falls, though I don't recall which state it's in or anything. And no thank you!
15. Who is it dedicated to?
I have the ARC and there's not a dedication in it.
Now, I'm suppose to tag some people, but I know that it's hard to find time for these, so I'm just going to say, I TAG YOU ALL! That way maybe a couple of you will be able to do it. :-)


































How fun! It was fun getting to know your views on the book and also see some great covers!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I'll definitely be doing this for a post early next week.
ReplyDelete-Maria @ Reading the Alphabet
I love reading your reviews and getting the FYI info on the book covers. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteOoh fun! I do like stuff like this, but you're right, it's hard to find time!!
ReplyDeleteChallenge accepted! ;)
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such fun! And yay for the Tucker love! :-) Also I agree, I would never want to step foot in Summer Falls. So creepy!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Reminds me that I need to read a few of these still ;) So glad you participated Candace!
ReplyDeleteNow let see if I can make time to do this tag.
ReplyDeleteWow It's awesome that Olsen went out of his way to plan a cool event like that. Definitely some great answers, there are a few books I need to check out.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you got invited by Olsen to go on that awesome sounding tour and everything! I've started reading that book but need to go back and finish it!
ReplyDeleteMy Random Survey
This sounds like fun, but since I only keep books on my bookshelf that I haven't read, it would be hard to answer some of the questions.
ReplyDeleteSad, I haven't read any of these! But you gave me a couple of good ones for my TBR pile. (Like it's not big enough already ... )
ReplyDeleteCandace...it took me a little longer than I thought it would, but I got my list together: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2013/08/random-number-survey.html.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you--I love the cover of Waterfall. I don't think it needs a thing.
That's so awesome that you got to go on a haunted tour that inspired the book! That looks like it's really creepy. I might have to read that in October when I binge on scary books haha. Also, I just read TFIOS and love Hazel and Agustus too. Thanks for doing the survey =)
ReplyDelete