Last weekend I didn't do a weekly recap and that's because I went somewhere that was super amazing. I spent the 4 day weekend in the Seattle area, visiting University Book Store and Diablo Lake. I don't have pictures of the book store, but here's a picture of the lake I visited.
The water from the lake is fed from Glaciers, so it's this aquamarine color. It was hard to capture the color in a photo because of the lighting, but here's one that shows you more.
It wasn't quite this light colored, but between the two pictures you get the idea, it was GORGEOUS! I seriously felt like I was in dream or something. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and this beautiful water, it was just stunning. We went on a boat and it was SO nice!
So here's my past two weeks, according to my instagram steam.
I picked this up at the Indie bookstore. I've been wanting to read it!
I got these in the mail because I went up to the YA Book Club and got to chat with Sean Beaudoin. They're all signed now too, but I forgot to take a photo of that.
Got this in the mail for review. SQUEE! I LOVE this series!
I got these for review, even more squeeing! (Fangirl was unbelievably good! I'm just starting The Burning Sky, tonight hopefully.)
I got these for review. I've never read a James Patterson book, can you believe it? I'm allover the mysteries lately so hopefully I like them!
Not book related, but when we went to Diablo Lake we stopped by Cascadian Farm. I eat their cereal and granola bars, ALL the time. We got ice cream while there.
I did a gift exchange that was for beauty products. My person (who happens to be a friend, coincidentally) sent me some AMAZING items! Hands so soft is in the Mary Kay bag, there's some oil for hair that's some rare oils and I'm SO pumped to use and well, everything is just exciting! I love gift exchanges, it's so fun!
I think that's about it! I do have a ton of tour sign-ups posted and have like 4 others that will go up soon. For now check out the page that has those that are up listed.
Hope you're all having a great weekend!



























I guess that any book lover would be in awe because of those wonderful books but let me tell you - the water color in that lake took my breath away. I'm staring at it and I can't look away. It seems like you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteYou've got amazing book still ;) I have heard nothing by great things about Fangirl and The Bitter Kingdom :)
Great post Candace :)
OMG I am so jelly of your copy of Fangirl! I look forward to your thoughts :D
ReplyDeleteHappy reading, Candace! <33
Love the pictures. You've been to some gorgeous places. Hope you like Keeper of the Lost Cities. And awesome you got The Bitter Kingdom and The Burning Sky too.
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I love the pictures! You got some really great looking books to read also. I haven't read anything by James Patterson either. Enjoy your reading.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous lake!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the books and the gift exchange! Wouldn't that be fun to do around the holidays but with books instead?
Ooh I'm excited for your review of Fangirl. I really want to read it; I think I'll relate to the MC quite well. Your trip sounds fun!! Love the photos. I just want to dive into that water. :)
ReplyDelete-Lauren
great pics!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading to you!
Andreea
The pictures are beautiful. And you got some great looking books too.
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous photos! Thanks so much for sharing them, Candace.
ReplyDeleteFangirl looks really good. Enjoy!
Great recap and ooh the lake looks like fun, I can just see me with a coffee and a book dipping my feet in the lake..yep! Glad you had fun sweetie!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are gorgeous. Bet the water is freezing, but I'd still jump in. lol.
ReplyDeleteNice Haul, Candace!
My goodness! The water looks so beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteOh, lake time with books? Swoon.
ReplyDeleteWow, that lake is absolutely gorgeous! You got some amazing books this week too. Can't wait to hear what you think of Fangirl and The Burning Sky. :-) Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteOh that lake is beautiful! But I'm betting it was pretty cold? If it was warm, though, that would be paradise.
ReplyDelete