Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Week in Instagram Shots- Book haul, Event Photos


This is my week according to instagram.  It was a busy one!  {If you don't yet, you should follow me on instagram!}


From Abrams we got the middle grade graphic novel Spelling Trouble and I won Meant to Be from Bookmunchies!  This is very exciting because I've been dying to read it!

I grabbed Game of Thrones at goodwill, I've been wanting to read it for ages!  And nope, I haven't watched the show yet.

I've been dying to read both of these so I grabbed them from the library.  And I actually read them too! 
 
The awesome Patricia Vanasse sent me a pretty paperback of Resilient.  I read this awhile ago and loved it! So happy to have a paperback on my shelf!

Total squeefest, the new Cassie Palmer came for review!  I LOVE this series!

I went to the Jasper Fforde signing on Friday night.  He's hiliarous!





I owned The Last Dragonslayer but I picked up The Song of the Quarkbeast at Powells and couldn't resist getting The Coldest Girl in Coldtown while I was there!


There's an awesome indie bookstore that gave me a ton of middle grade ARC's because they don't have anyone who works there who reads them.  My daughter and I will and then they'll go to her classroom!

That awesome Indie bookstore had a bunch of great YA ones as well!  So I'm excited about that!  I've been REALLY wanting All Our Yesterdays!

It got really hot this week and it was torture! (Remember, I live in the PNW + this was at like 9 at NIGHT!)


I have a new review opportunity- Shadow of Time by Jen Minkman is a NA paranormal book (though appropriate for mature YA readers). Find all the info HERE.


I have lots of tour sign ups still open, check out the list HERE!

16 comments:

  1. Meant to be and Resilient are on my wish list.

    Happy reading to you! Enjoy all these great books!

    Andreea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Game of Thrones! I've read the first book and it's great, the show is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have a great week! Congrats on all the fabulous new reads, you are going to love All Our Yesterdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an awesome week. So many wonderful books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Meant to be and hope that you do too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah girl. Woah. That;s a lot of awesome books. I mean The Beginning of Everything is on my top to read list. Hope you love it! I can't wait to hear what you have to say(:
    Happy reading
    Jackie

    http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome batch of ARCs. My cousin was just telling me that Rebel Belle is do good. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wonderful haul, and I love that you got books for your daughter. Her teachers must fight over you! Have a wonderful week Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! You had a wonderful book week. Some of these are now on my TBR. The Shadow of Time cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing haul. I love the kids books too. I certainly don't envy your 91 degrees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a haul! Well done. :D

    (Yeah, not happy with the Seattle heat spike, but thankfully we have thunderstorms and rain right now...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing all of your instagram photos :)Awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Last Dragonslayer sounds like a really good book. I'm going to look into that one. I'm excited to see what you think of Game of Thrones. (That definitely looks like a first edition copy:) I'm in it right now. I keep putting off finishing it, but I"m not sure if that's because I like it and don't want it to end, or if I'm just being weird about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's really cool about the MG books. We used to donate my son's books to the schools, but now we read digital copies. Maybe I should buy hi high school a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this was quite a week for your TBR pile! So excited to read Rebel Belle, hope you enjoy your YA and middle grade arcs. I wish I could see Jasper Fforde, I love his books, and I'm thrilled to hear he is funny. It's always nice when you go to an author signing and they're really personable and fun. Happy reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool about your Jasper Fforde signing-I've been reading him for 10 years and I'd love to get to meet him. Now I need to check out his tour schedule and see if he'll be near me at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs