Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Wrap Up

The Once Upon a Read-a-Thon is over once again.  The 4rth year of this annual event went very well and we added a new feature, a twitter party, which was a huge success!  Thank you to Lori at Pure Imagination and Angela and Loretta at Reading Angels for co-hosting with me! An especially big thank you to Angela for taking charge of the twitter party, she did great!

We will soon pick a winner for the $100 Gift Card and I'll be sure to announce it on my facebook page.

This year was a tough year for me.  I got home from a two week vacation on Friday night and my parents came to stay with us that very night.  So not only was I away for awhile but then I had company straight away.  They left Tuesday afternoon so the first half of the readathon I wasn't able to read much.  I don't see them often, so spending time with them was most important, but it made me wish that I was able to extend the readathon by a day or so.

Since I didn't know when I would be able to start reading (my parents weren't sure when they'd leave) I wasn't sure where to set my goals.  So instead I just picked several books I was dying to read and hoped I could get three of them read.  Since I ended up only being able to participate in the 2nd half of it I actually feel fairly satisfied with what I accomplished.

I finished Avery by Charlotte McConaghy
I had read the first 20% prior to the start of the readathon

I started and finished Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman

I started and got to page 171 of The Revenant by Sonia Gensler

In addition to the prior vacation and visiting family, my daughter has been sick.  So I could have easily doubled what I read without all those things going on. But it is what it is and I'm just glad to have finally got a bit of reading done!

Link up your wrap up posts here:

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to squeeze in a little bit of reading time here and there. Great book choices, I think the only one I have read was Babe in Boyland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still trying to figure out how I managed to read all 7 books I said I would!! I did an original post and here is the url to my final post! Unfortunately I could not enter any of the mini challenges--I was too busy reading!! http://www.mikishope.com/2013/07/once-upon-read-thon-can-i-read-7-books_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to read awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaY. You read some good ones. Can't wait to see what you think of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is late but thanks for sharing how your readathon experience went-it looks like everyone had a lot of fun so that's certainly a mark of success!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs