Published Oct. 3rd, 2011 by Health Communications
Non-Fiction Adult
We all want to look and feel our best, no matter what our age. But many women believe that once they reach a certain milestone, they should look a certain way or have accomplished certain goals; if they don't or haven't, they feel unfulfilled, discouraged, or even depressed. Shea Vaughn is no stranger to this; she tackled her own challenges and discovered a better way of living.
As a mother and grandmother, Shea is a testament to the transformative nature of a mind-body makeover. In this illuminating book, the noted health and wellness expert offers a holistic way to help women achieve their own personal breakthroughs and experience dramatic improvements in their relationships, career, creativity, and fitness levels, and to find fulfillment in their lives.
As the founder of SheaNetics®, Shea shares her revolutionary lifestyle, wellness, and exercise practice. With authority and passion, she reveals the heart of SheaNetics®, The 5 Living Principles of Well-Being: Commitment, Perseverance, Self-Control, Integrity, and Love, and shows women how to incorporate the Principles into their daily lives to increase energy, reduce stress, and break down emotional barriers. SheaNetics® takes mind-body transformation to another level with a fresh self-styled approach to exercise that combines yoga, pilates, tai chi, martial arts, ballet, and more, along with the performance-boosting benefits of core power training. By learning how to unify your mind, body, and heart, you will achieve optimal wellness and tap in to your potential to look and feel your best on the inside and out.
Shea Vaughn is a fitness expert, professional trainer, and wellness coach with a lifetime of mind-body experience. Shea has gained national recognition as an inspirational speaker and media personality and is admired by a devoted group of students and clients including athletes and celebrities, helping them all to build strength and flexibility, prevent injuries, "stay in the game," and live more fulfilling lives. Visit www.sheanetics.com.
I don't normally read non-fiction or self help or any of that. It just doesn't hold my interest. But when I was offered this one I just felt like I needed to give it a try. Surprisingly it actually pulled me in immediately. The first thing I noticed is that it's easy to incorporate for ourselves, to fit it for our own life. This is about making a lifestyle change and finding happiness and feeling our best, etc, but in the way that works for us. Immediately we learn a bit about Shea and some things she's had to let go of that she really couldn't change. It struck a cord with me right away and I realized that there are things that bother me everyday that I can't change. Though I can do my own small part {I'm mostly talking about our environment, etc right now} and it at least makes me feel better about myself and makes me feel like I am doing what I can do.
This isn't a diet book or an exercise book. There are exercises, there are recipes, but it's more of an overall well-being book. Finding a breakthrough to find your own way in life, your own happiness and overall well-being. We're all different, the answers are different for all of us. And surprisingly I feel like I did have a breakthrough and it was actually in the first few pages of the book. The rest of the book was just motivation to keep with it.
While this is normally totally outside the genre of anything I'd normally read I ended up enjoying it quite a lot and being completely surprised over and over again. If you feel like you need a breakthrough, a way to find your own total well-being, inside and out, then I suggest you give this a try, you may be surprised.
5/5 stars
I received a copy free of charge for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.



















This doesn't sound like anything I'd usually read, but like it was for you, it could be a pleasant surprise, I guess. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Always great to discover something different :) (New follower)
ReplyDeleteI don't even remember the last time I read a non-fiction novel, haha. But this one seems like it will be uplifting. Great review, Candace!
ReplyDeleteInteresting choice for "Outside the Box"! But I'll take your word for it!
ReplyDelete♥bookluvrmindy
Magical Urban Fantasy Reads