Friday, December 3, 2010

Merry Sparkling Christmas by Elizabeth Spurr and Colleen Madden (Illustrator) and Jingle- Jingle by Nicola Smee

Details: Board Book, 14 pgs.
Published: Oct 10, 2010 by Sterling
isbn: 1402771398 (ISBN13: 9781402771392)
Reading Level: Young Child
Received from: Sterling for Review
Description:

Glistening icicles, sparkling wrap on festive gifts, and merrily twinkling lights on trees make a child's Christmas-and this book-absolutely magical. Every page captures the holiday spirit and features something that shimmers and shines.

My Thoughts:
This is just a simple board book but it's a really cute one!  The pictures are engaging and the sparkles really catch your eye.  The entire pages are covered in illustrations, so no white, which I like.  It's a quick read (duh, it's a board book) but it's a very cute story.  It's one I enjoy reading and one my kids enjoy listening to and looking at on their own.  
For what it is, a simple board book, I give it 4/5 moons.






Details: Board Book, 26 pgs.
Published: August 3rd by Boxer Books
isbn: 1906250650 (ISBN13: 9781906250652)
Reading Level: Young Children
Received from: Sterling Publishing for review


Description:


Hear the music of those sleigh bells jingling? Nicola Smee’s seasonal favorite is now in board!
The beloved characters from Smee’s Clip-Clop are off on a wild and wintry ride. Mr. Horse has invited all the barnyard animals into his sleigh, and Cat, Dog, Pig, and Duck couldn’t be more excited. Soon, they’re holding on tight and dashing through the snow with bells jingle-jingling all the way. Over the fields they fly—but when they reach the hill, everyone wants to slide down…even Mr. Horse, of course. Is there room for them all?
Like the happy Mr. Horse, toddlers will think “THAT WAS SO COOL!”


My Thoughts:

This too, is just a simple board book but it's a fun story that gets my kids in giggles.  I think there's a bit too much white, and not enough color, but they are in the snow so maybe I should just ignore that?  I don't know, but I can say the the picture's don't capture my attention quite as much as I would like.  But my kids seem to like it and they are the ones that matter!  
The story is cute, and like I said, it gets my kids in giggles.  I felt a bit like it was choppy.  Or something.  Just not the funnest book to read.  But it's fast and the kids like it okay, so that's what's important!
I give this one 3/5 moons.


You can purchase these books at your favorite bookstore or my affiliate links, to the left and below.  All commission made is used to fund contests here, on my blog.
  Disclosure: I received both of these books for the review.  The opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs