Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Review

Hush, HushI actually read Hush Hush on our drive home when on our vacation last week (now it's actually been a couple weeks since I didn't post this right away).  I just haven't had time to write up my review!  Here's the description:

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. 
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. 
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book as I was reading it.  It pulled me in and was easy to read.  It was completely unpredictable to me, and trust me, I tried to figure it out!  


I loved the characters and there weren't any flaws that I remember.  I'm sure as I read it there were things that may have bugged me, but they didn't stick with me and I don't remember now (over a week later).  


The storyline was great, and like I said, unpredictable.  


I really loved this book and the second I finished it I pulled out my phone to try to see if I could look up when Crescendo came out because I was ready to start it immediately!  (It's released Oct. 19)


Unfortunately the book didn't stick with me like I thought it would.  I thought I was completely blown away and I would be raving about this book for weeks.  But I think I've just read too many great books lately and although it was great, maybe it wasn't so great that every detail stuck in my head.  


But even with that I still give it 5 moons because I remember the excitement I had while reading and how hard it was for me to put down.  I'm sorry I can't have a more in depth review for you.  But I'm sure you've all heard plenty of rave reviews.  Either way, pick it up and read it!




You can find Becca Fitzpatrick on her website | blog
You can purchase from your favorite bookstore or at amazon.

6 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about this book not sticking with you. I was the same, while reading it I loved it, then I read Fallen near the same time and didn't love that one so much but now six months later I get the two books confused and can't remember what happened in which book. I just remember that I loved Hush Hush and Fallen not so much. So glad to know that I'm not the only one. Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun reading this one. I thought Patch made a fun bad boy. Hope Crescendo is as much of a good time for both of us - at least while we're reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, when I read this I loved it, but now I can't remember what exactly made me love it. Hopefully the sequel will stick with us better. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book - I have to disagree on the "sticking" part - it has stuck with me and I really can't wait for the sequel. I loved the characters and was surprisingly pleased with their development.
    (My Review: http://patriciasparticularity.blogspot.com/2010/06/book-review-hush-hush-by-becca.html)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I still haven't read this one yet! Glad you loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one! I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs