Sunday, June 13, 2010

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox is a weekly event highlighting all the books you've received through the week (no matter the source).  It is hosted by the lovely Kristi at The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.
I actually, technically, did not receive a single book this week!  Now before you start saying sorry and all that, I'll tell you that I did purchase books.  They just haven't arrived yet.  So next week I'll have some great ones.  However, I did forget to tell you guys about a whole bag of books I got on my vacation.  These books were mine when I still lived at my parents.  And some belonged to my sisters, so I haven't read them ALL.
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
This was a book that must have belonged to my sisters because I haven't read it yet! It's one I do want to read though!
The Canby Hall Girls by Emily Chase
There's a bunch of these and they were mine back in middle school.
Did any of you read these when you were a kid?  
They're about girls at a boarding school (or something like that).  I really liked them.
They are more for high schoolers, but by high school I was definitely reading adult books.
Kumquat May, I'll Always Love You by Cynthia D. Grant
This was mine but I don't remember it at all.  I'll have to read it again someday.
Whatever Happened to Janie? by Caroline B. Cooney
Remember this one?  I read this one and whatever other ones that went with it.  I don't remember now.  But I loved them!  I was a big fan of Caroline B. Cooney in middle school.
Junior High: Those Crazy Class Pictures by Kate Kenyon
I got two of these books.  I don't think I ever read this series in order and probably only read these two.  But I remember I really liked them.  Man, that was  LONG time ago!
Alida's Song and The Cook Camp by Gary Paulson
These must have belonged to my sisters (or brothers)
I don't remember reading any Gary Paulson but I thought these would be good ones to read to the kids once they are a little older.
A boxed set of 4 Annette books by Doris Schroeder
These were mine but my aunt got them for me when I was in high school and I was way too old for them.  So they never even got read.  I don't think my sisters even read them because they seem brand new.  Hopefully my daughter will enjoy them when she's older.  I think they look pretty cool though.  Old looking, but yet  they are like brand new.
Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
The Wanderer by Sharon Creech
Charlotte's Web was my much loved book when I was young.  I already started reading it to my daughter.  She loves it.
The Wanderer was my sisters, I guess.  I thought it looked interesting so I grabbed it too.
I don't usually share all the children's books I get but these ones are pretty cool so I'm going to.
These are all books I got for my daughter on the clearance rack at Borders.  For $2.99 each, I think.
The My Little Pony is a puzzle book (each page is a puzzle)
The Holly Hobby one has water colors, crayons and the coloring/paint book.
And the kai-lan book is one you can color in and wipe clean (very cool for traveling!)
A couple weeks ago I won these goggles from O.M. Grey for reviewing her book Avalon Revisited.
She had a drawing for everyone who posted a review on amazon.  I already put them way up high on a shelf so I couldn't situate them all nice for a picture without a huge effort, but here's a zoomed in picture anyway.  
I think that's all I had in My Mailbox this week (last week, actually).  What was in yours?

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is definitely the coolest in my mailbox I've seen!
    I wish my parents had kept my old childhood books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For not getting any books in the "traditional way" you made out like a bandit. Sometimes that's the more exciting way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. suhweeet! love your annette books. and super cool goggles for o.m.! you must put them on and take a pic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs