Happy Sunday everyone!
This post is in my week according to instagram. It's mostly the books I
got but I take random pictures sometimes too. Also, make sure you follow me on instagram, I follow back!
Okay, so before I get to the good stuff, for those who haven't seen it
yet, my business is celebrating being open for one year by giving away
$50. I just need you to fill out a form to be a tour host or reviewer
(there's lots of options) and you're entered! If you already signed up
(prior to this giveaway) to be a host, please fill out this new form,
I'm breaking things down into lists and categories so I can contact
people for the right reasons. You don't have to have a blog to sign up. Check it out for all the details.
Moving on...
This was epic book week!
First of all, I probably got this a couple weeks ago now, but I always forget to feature my ebooks since I don't usually take pictures of them. This is one I did, because it is so, so, so unbelievably good!
Shadows of Asphodel by Karen Kincy is an adult (or new adult) dieselpunk. It blew. my. mind! I'll be featuring it here soon. Well, in October anyway.
Next up is what I got last Saturday (after I did my Sunday post) when I went to Powells. I met up with some of my friends and we did a book exchange. But I also sold some of my books to Powells and got some new ones!
These are the ones I 'bought' (though they feel free since I just used my store credit).
And these are the ones I got from my friends.
And continuing in that epic way, I got all my books for Wordstock, the amazing book festival coming to Portland NEXT WEEKEND! Two days of bookish fun folks! I'm a volunteer, so I'll be there both days. Hopefully I'm able to get all these signed!
And really, this stack is nothing compared to ALL the books I have to get signed. I started hauling them out of my shelves and getting them ready. There's a LOT! Maybe next week I'll show a picture of that (or the week after, once they are signed).
For review I got some books from Harper Teen. I already had an ARC of No Angel and I can't wait to read it!
I hope everyone had a great book week!
I do have some other things to share. First of all, I have review slots open for a few books. I put up pages for them, but I know not everyone sees those right away. So here they are:
The Queen of the Realm of Faerie series. I'm putting up the omnibus here because that's what available in paperback, but you can also get the books individually in ebook. This is YA (14+) fantasy and we're looking for reviews before mid January. Check out the page for all the info and to sign up.
True Love’s First Kiss:
In the Enchanted World, true love’s first kiss is magic.
The Queen of the Realm of Faerie is a fantasy fairy tale series that bridges the Mortal and Enchanted worlds. The main character, Melia, is an eighteen-year-old half-faerie, half-mortal. She lives in Illialei, a country in the Enchanted World, with her two sisters and their mother. Melia’s father has been exiled to the Mortal World, and her best friend is a pixie.
When the story opens in the first book, Melia is troubled by her dark moon visions, gossip she overhears about her parents at the local market, and the trauma of living among full-blooded faeries with wings—she doesn’t have any.
As the series unfolds, the historic and mystical forces that shape Melia’s life are revealed. Each step of her journey—to find the place where she belongs—alters her perceptions about herself, deepens her relationships with others, and enlarges her world view.
True Love’s First Kiss is a compilation of the first three books in this five-book series.
Another brand new one up is Prophecy of the Most Beautiful by Diantha Jones. A YA Fantasy/Mythology novel. We're looking for reviews only through mid July (at the latest). Check out the details and sign up HERE.
She has a destiny so great that even the gods fear her.
Constant hallucinations and the frequent conversations with the voices in her head, have earned eighteen-year-old Chloe Clever the not-so-coveted title of "Whack Job" in her home town of Adel, Georgia. With the onslaught of prescription medications and therapists threatening to push her over the edge, she wishes for a life far away from the one she has, a life where she is destined to be more than the butt of everyone's jokes and mockery.
Be careful what you wish for has never rung more true.
After living through an attack from her worst nightmare, she awakens to find herself far from home, surrounded by glorious riches and servants…and a few demigods who enjoy killing things. Upon learning that her favorite rockstar is an Olympian god, she is thrust into her new life as the Oracle of Delphi, the prophesier of the future, and the great Pythia that the gods have been anxiously awaiting to arrive for centuries. Setting out to fulfill the prophecy she has been given and to keep her family safe from a demigod Princess that wants her dead, Chloe learns of how great she is to become, all the while fighting mythical monsters, evading divine assassins and trying to outwit the ever-cunning Greek gods who harbor secrets of their own. In the hopes of discovering the Most Beautiful and the truth of her destiny, she strives to uncover the mysteries of the demigod Prince who has sworn to protect her with his life…and threatens to win her heart in the process.
I'm also still looking for reviewers for Shadow of Time by Jen Minkman, a Young Adult/New Adult, Paranormal Romance
Find out all the info and sign up HERE.
And...
I still need many more hosts for the Godsland Series by Brian Rathbone, a YA epic fantasy for ages 12+.
Tour Page with info HERE.
Tour Page with info HERE.
And I still need more for The Master's Book by Philip Coleman, an upper middle grade (or lower YA) mystery/thriller.
Tour Page with info can be found HERE.
Tour Page with info can be found HERE.
Also, October 1st is the start of Something Wicked Returns! Be sure to stop by the stops each day to check out the great features and giveaway's!





























Wow, you got so many great titles, Candace! Two Boys Kissing and Just One Day are some of my all time favs. I look forward to your thoughts especially on Corner of Bitter and Sweet and Antigoddess!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading, hon! <33
I keep telling myself I'm going to do this ever since I stumbled upon it on your blog but I keep forgetting. I swear, I'll do it next week!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, awesome books in your haul this week, Candace. I can't wait to read your thoughts on these. :)
Oh, wow, that's a lot of books! I am reading Two Boys Kissing right now and I think it's one of the most special books I've read in a very long time. And boy, do I want to read Two Lies and a Spy! The title alone makes this book geek go wild :D
ReplyDeleteHappy reading, Candace!
Wow you got some pretty amazing books and I am so excited that you get to volunteer at the book festival, I am sure that will be so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWOW!
ReplyDeleteRead POison Princess first if you haven't yet. That novel impressed me a lot!
tons of awesome books this week! enjoy them all!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great batch of books! I still need to read The Future of Us.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, Candace!
I haven't heard of Shadows of Asphodel but I have no doubts your review will make me read it even though I'm staying away from NA things!
ReplyDeleteI'm not seeing these piles there - lala! I saw nothing. There were some books? ;))
Great haul :)
Wow, you do have a lot of books to get signed! I'd love to go on a book shopping spree; ah, fun! I really want to read Two Boys Kissing.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to remember to feature ebooks-I usually don't bother but I love the sound of the Kincy one as it incorporates some of my favorite time periods.
ReplyDeleteA book exchange sounds amazing. How have I never thought of that before?!
ReplyDeleteWow, the book exchange sounds awesome, and what a haul my friend enjoy them!
ReplyDeleteBook exchange? I never heard of this!
ReplyDeleteSo many amazing books. I hope you have a fabulous time at Wordstock. Enjoy your week. :)
ReplyDeleteYou got a ton of really great books. I can't wait to hear what you think.
ReplyDeleteI love your Instagram photos, Candace. :)
ReplyDeleteWendy @ The Midnight Garden
So many amazing books for you this week! Two Boys Kissing and Of Beast and Beauty are awesome, hope you enjoy them! Wordstock sounds like so much fun, one day I hope to go if I'm ever in the area.
ReplyDelete