Thursday, May 30, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Sign Ups for 2013!


It's time for sign ups for the fourth annual Once Upon a Readathon!  This Readathon is hosted by Lori at Pure Imagination, Angela & Loretta at Reading Angels and myself.  It runs from 12:01 am on July 8th to 11:59 on July 10th. 

What is a Readathon?
A Readathon is where you set a goal for yourself to read more books that is beyond your average number of books you read.  There is no minimum, it's all up to you!  Push yourself to get some of those books read that have been sitting on your shelves for awhile!  You can read anything you like.  Any genre, any subject.

What you do:
To participate in the Once Upon a Readathon you enter into the linky below.  It's the same linky on all our blogs, so only enter into it ONCE! Then grab the button and post it on your sidebar to spread the word and so you don't forget.  Then, from 12:01 am on July 8th to 11:59 pm on July 10th you read, read, and read some more!  Make sure you do at least one update post (if you don't have a blog you may do this on facebook and/or twitter) and participate in at least one challenge.

Challenges:
What you get:
We have one giant giveaway planned that you won't want to miss out on! Lori, Angela, Loretta and I will be giving away a $100 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble (or The Book Depository if you're international). There may be some other giveaways as well with the challenges.  You are only eligible if you do at least one update post and participate in at least one challenge. We will check!

Contact us:
You can email us at  onceuponareadathon{at}gmail.com with any questions and be sure to follow us on twitter at @OUReadathon and the hashtag is #OUReadathon if you choose to use it.

Please sign up below to participate!

18 comments:

  1. This sounds fun. I am on my phone and will add button tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we're excited to have you participate!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could do this, but with a 3 and a half year old and a newborn, it's not really possible.

    Happy reading to all of you who are joining!

    Andreea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you set your own goals so even if you only read half a book it's fine, it's just for fun!

      Delete
  3. I did this last year and loved it. I think I need to sign up again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I will be with you in spirit, since the blog is booked up so far in advance, but you will definitely spur me to reading more. And I'm looking forward to reading all the update posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want to sign up but not sure I stick to it. Still, sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you can do is try your best. You should sign up!

      Delete
  6. One of these days I will do one... :) One of these days... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like now! Come on... you know you want to!

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to do a read-a-thon. I might sign up for this; I work the days it's going on so that limits time I can read at night...but it would still be fun to see if I can get a few books in. I'm a slow reader, so it wouldn't be a ton. haha

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You set your own goals, so no biggie, you should join in!

      Delete
  8. Never participated in something like this but sounds fun

    simplechroniclesofme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish this was on a weekend and not during the work week so I could participate. Oh well. If you do a weekend one some time, I'm in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FIRST READ-A-THON EVER! Yay I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darn I guess I'm too late to sign up. I'm a sucker for a read-a-thon but glad to have found you all. Sounds like a great event and doing a kick off post and will participate anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs