Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blog Tour: Interview with Emily from The Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross & Give@way!





I'm excited to be a part of the blog tour for The Girl With the Iron Touch by Kady Cross hosted by Kismet Book Touring.  I really love this series and you'll find my review of the book a little later in the month.
Today I'm excited to have the chance to interview Emily who plays a major role In the Girl With the Iron Touch.


Hi Emily, it's so great to meet you and have you on today! You all have been so busy saving the world and time and time again, you never really get much down time with Sam. If you and Sam could finally have a chance to spend some quiet time together where would you two like to go on a real date?

Thank you for having me! Oh, a real date would be fun. A blanket and a picnic basket. A sunny afternoon. Reading to Sam while he rests his head on my leg. I suppose that sounds rather boring, doesn’t it?


You are a genius Emily, we all know that; we also know that you are always clamoring to learn more. If you could study with any of our universes greatest minds in any time in history, who would you choose to study with, and why?

Oh! I like this question! DiVinci, of course. I would like to spend more time with Mr. Tesla. Oh, and that Hawking bloke you have in your time would be fascinating to talk to. Why? Why not! So many brilliant minds all across the centuries. I really don’t know where to begin.


What is something about yourself that no one knows about you?

If I told you then everyone would know it. Kind of defeats the purpose of keeping it all to myself, doesn’t it? Alright, Finley just jabbed me in the ribs. Fine, very few people know I was born with a twin, but she died.

Finley just told me that was a horrible thing to tell you, and that I should tell you something not so morbid.

How about this – I would like to have a pet pig.


If you could travel to any time period and place, where would you choose to go and why?

Just one? Faith and begorrah, you know how to ask a difficult question. I would like very much to travel to the 21st century so I could examine this ‘Beiber Fever’ I’ve heard about. It sounds nasty and very contagious. I would like to help people find an antidote.


Thanks so much Em, it was great having you on!

Thank you!


http://www.kismetbt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/girl-with-the-iron-touch-cover1.jpg About The Girl With the Iron Touch
Pre-order your copy today: Amazon | IndieBound | Barnes & Noble
When mechanical genius Emily is kidnapped by rogue automatons, Finley Jayne and her fellow misfits fear the worst. What's left of their archenemy, The Machinist, hungers to be resurrected, and Emily must transplant his consciousness into one of his automatons—or forfeit her friends' lives.


With Griffin being mysteriously tormented by the Aether, the young duke's sanity is close to the breaking point. Seeking help, Finley turns to Jack Dandy, but trusting the master criminal is as dangerous as controlling her dark side. When Jack kisses her, Finley must finally confront her true feelings for him...and for Griffin.


Meanwhile, Sam is searching everywhere for Emily, from Whitechapel's desolate alleyways to Mayfair's elegant mansions. He would walk into hell for her, but the choice she must make will test them more than they could imagine.


To save those she cares about, Emily must confront The Machinist's ultimate creation—an automaton more human than machine. And if she's to have any chance at triumphing, she must summon a strength even she doesn't know she has....

 About The Girl in the Steel Corset (#1) - Goodreads, Amazon, B&N, Indiebound
In 1897 England, sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne has no one…except the
“thing” inside her.
When a young lord tries to take advantage of Finley, she fights back. And wins. But no normal Victorian girl has a darker side that makes her capable of knocking out a full-grown man with one punch….
Only Griffin King sees the magical darkness inside her that says she’s special, says she’s one of them. The orphaned duke takes her in from the gaslit streets against the wishes of his band of misfits: Emily, who has her own special abilities and an unrequited love for Sam, who is part robot; and Jasper, an American cowboy with a shadowy secret.
Griffin’s investigating a criminal called The Machinist, the mastermind behind several recent crimes by automatons. Finley thinks she can help—and finally be a part of something, finally fit in.
But The Machinist wants to tear Griff’s little company of strays apart, and it isn’t long before trust is tested on all sides. At least Finley knows whose side she’s on—even if it seems no one believes her.
About The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (#2) - Goodreads, Amazon, B&N, Indiebound
What happens when someone you love becomes a weapon to use against you…
In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling — or dangerous.
Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her “straynge band of mysfits” have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade—the dangerous device Jasper stole from him…for the life of the girl Jasper loves.
One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei’s neck tightens. And tightens.
From the rough streets of lower Manhattan to elegant Fifth Avenue, the motley crew of teens with supernatural abilities is on Jasper’s elusive trail. And they’re about to discover how far they’ll go for friendship.
More than ever, Finley Jayne will rely on powerful English duke Griffin King to balance her dark magic with her good side. Yet Griffin is at war with himself over his secret attraction to Finley…and will risk his life and reputation to save her. Sam, more machine than man, finds his moody heart tested by Irish lass Emily—whose own special abilities are no match for the darkness she discovers on the streets.
Now, to help those she’s come to care for so deeply, Finley Jayne must infiltrate a criminal gang. Only problem is, she might like the dark side a little too much….
About Kady Cross - website, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads
In her other life, Kady Cross is a USA TODAY bestselling author of more than twenty books. She is lucky enough to have a husband who shares her love for the slightly twisted and all things geek, and a houseful of cats with whom she shares her darkest secrets. When she’s not listening to the characters in her head, she’s either trying to formulate the perfect lip gloss or teaching herself to solder. She has a weakness for all things girlie, sugar skulls and boots. Her love of books and makeup borders on addiction—of which she never, ever wants to be cured.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Tour Schedule:
Monday, May 6th - Harlequin Paranormal Blog & Reading Teen
Wednesday, May 8th - Candace Book Blog
Friday, May 10th - Rainy Day Ramblings
Monday, May 13th - Two Chicks on Books
Wednesday, May 15th - YA Bibliophile
Friday, May 17th - Fiktsun

You can find the tour page HERE.

40 comments:

  1. "Beiber Fever" made me laugh, HA!

    I haven't read this series but I think it's one I would like to get to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read this series. I adore steampunk and I don't know what on earth is taking me so long. I've had my eye on it since the first book came out.
    And reading to somebody on a date sounds perfect! That's totally what I'd do too.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interview, so great and funny:) Need to read this series sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interview!! I haven't read any of this series, but it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I would like very much to travel to the 21st century so I could examine this ‘Beiber Fever’ I’ve heard about. It sounds nasty and very contagious. I would like to help people find an antidote."

    Please come and create an antidote Emily, please:) Though I do like a couple of his songs. *hangs head* I would certainly love to spend a little time watching da Vinci work too, his mind was simply astounding. I haven't read this series, but it's one of those that I keep saying "I need to read this" over and over, and one of these days I'm going to get to it! Fabulous interview Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love the Beiber Fever remark, how funny!

    What a great interview. I loved the first book in this series but I read it forever ago! I really need to read the second and third. I don't know why I haven't before now (other than time I guess).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read the series but it sounds awesome! The Beiber comment was hilarious, that kid really is ruling the world. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great character interview! I loved the Bieber Fever comment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun interview. I haven't read this series, but I am adding it to my list. The pet pig and anecdote for Beiber fever comments were too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily's got to be one of my favorite characters in this series! She's brilliant and down to earth. LOVE! And I think she should have a pet pig. They're very clean animals, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Beiber Fever." "It sounds nasty and very contagious." That is just too funny! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bit about the "Beiber Fever" made me chuckle. Yep, definitely a disease that needs to be cured. ;) I've been meaning to pick up this series but completely forgot about it. I'll have to hunt it down at the library. Thanks for the fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just curious to see who Emily is and how she thinks and all that jazz! She's very spunky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'll be reading this one soon and I can't wait. She has been one of my fave characters throughout this series. As far as Beiber Fever (very funny!!) I too hope for a cure in the world. I'm sorry to fans, but his songs are all earworms to me so I'm not a fan. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the interview! I love Emily's attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This series sounds awesome! Thanks for the fun post :) I'd love a chance to get to "know" Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, Bieber Fever :D I just hope she won't judge us all on the Beliebers. I remember loving Emily and Sam in book one, but I just haven't caught up on this series. Sounds like Emily is the focus of this one, so I'm sure I'll love it. And *gasp* I can't believe Finley is letting Jack anywhere near her lips. He is bad news! Clearly I have some catching up to do. I'm really excited to read the next two books now. This is a fab interview, thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I I have been dying to read this series since I first heard about it. I want to know everything about Emily. I would love to win.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this series. If I could ask Emily one thing, I think I would ask her what her favorite invention is--hers or someone elses?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this series soo much! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hah, what a fun interview! The covers for these books are so cool--I haven't read past the first one yet, though. Thanks for this character interview, ladies!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love to know what it's like to live within a Steampunk Novel? It's such a hodge podge of different genres.
    Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this series! I'd like to know if Emily really thinks she could cure Beiber Fever?? And what does she think of Finley's preoccupation with Jack Dandy?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. After reading the interview, I'd like to know more about Emily, and what would she like to see happen in the future for her and her friends?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read this series yet, but Emily sounds like a very strong character

    ReplyDelete
  26. i'd like to know if emily could actually cure beiber fever or if she would actually be another belieber herself. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Emily sounds like a very intelligent young lady. She is strong and loyal to her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Emily and Finley are such fun characters. I think I will wait to read Emily's book to find out more about her.
    Thanks for the great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My question for Emily is 'What subject do you like to learn about that most people would be surprised you like?'

    Brynna

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ive been wanting to learn more about Emily's past! She has made comments but never really heard the full story! :D
    Mary G Loki

    ReplyDelete
  31. I haven't started with this series yet but it's nice to have this little something from the character! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I thought that Emily was very interesting. So smart... :) Would like to know more about her childhood...

    ReplyDelete
  33. I agree with the others, I would like to know more about Emily's past.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I havent read the series,yet so i dont know about the character, Emily..Thanks for the giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Her favorite coffe shop drink lol, random i know :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I never read the series, so I don't know who Emily is. But I plan on reading it soon! It sounds really good! Great giveaway. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looking forward to reading this series! I just bought the first book to see what all the hype is about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Excellent interview. Have not read the series but sounds I like should will be adding it to TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I haven't read the series but it sounds great! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs