Sunday, May 12, 2013

Children's Review & Activities: Oh, the Things My Mom Will Do by Marianne Richmond

Happy Mother's Day everyone!  I'm excited to be part of the Mother's Day tour for Oh, the Things My Mom Will Do by Marianne Richmond. This is a book that mother's and children will both enjoy!

 Oh, the Things My Mom Will Do... by Marianne Richmond
Hardcover, 32 pages
Published: April 2nd, 2013 by Sourcebooks
Source: Publisher

What a child sees as everyday routine is anything but for a mom! Oh, the Things My Mom Will Do is a celebration of the unpredictable adventure that is motherhood with its sometimes silly, always heartfelt, and wonderfully important moments--all rooted in love. This sweet and amusing book will have book moms and kids smiling with recognition while spotlighting all the different ways a mom shows her devotion.
This book is about all the things a mom will do for her child.  The things she will put up with, the lengths she will go to make them happy, the embarrassment she has to suffer through.  Any mom will connect with this book.

My children, 4 and 8 liked it as well.  I don't think kids always think about the things their mother goes through for them.   And I know this made my kids think and it brought about some good discussions.  So often the kids forget some of these things.  For example, my daughter takes horse riding lessons and so every other week I bring her and then I have to wait an hour and a half.  I have to keep my 4 year old entertained in this time and there's no bathrooms (there's outhouses, but no thanks) and it can get long.  Not to mention that it costs a lot of money.  But I want to do it for her because I love her, I think it's a good thing to learn, I think it's good company to keep, etc.  And reading this book I was able to remind her that it's not fun for me or for her brother, but we do it anyway. 

I can't not mention the illustrations in the book.  They are lovely and eye catching and to me they felt Spring-like and perfect for the Mother's Day.  I would even say this is a good one to get moms for Mother's Day and plan to get my own mom a copy because I'm pretty sure she would cherish it.
Disclosure: I received this book for review purposes.  All opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.

I have some fun activities for you now!
I hope that these are all in order.  I wasn't able to use the file so I was lucky enough that a friend could provide me screen shots to use.  Thanks Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings!






I really love both of these activities and am planning to do them both with my kids this weekend.  I think that it's a good idea for a grandparent as well and with the journal I'm going to have my daughter draw some pictures inside to send along.  I think grandma will love both things!  
Here's a spread of a page from the book for an example of what you'll see inside!


5 comments:

  1. This book sounds wonderful, as do the activities!!. And those illustrations do look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable ideas!!

    Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! And what cute and fun ideas do to with out kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so adorable! These are such fun activities. Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I think I might just have to get this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs