I read The Bobbsey Twins, The Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew... Yeah, all those books. But The Happy Hollister's were my favorite.
From Wikipedia:
The Happy Hollisters is a series of books about a family who loves to solve mysteries. The series was created by the Stratemeyer Syndicate and almost entirely written by Andrew E. Svenson under the pseudonym Jerry West. Helen S. Hamilton illustrated the books.
Description
This series recounts the adventures of a young American middle class family solving mysteries from their home on Pine Lake in Shoreham. The Hollister family includes five children, their parents, a family of cats, and a dog. Pete is the oldest of the Hollister children and is 12 years old. Pam, or Pamela, is ten years old, loves sports, and is very adventurous. Ricky is a red-headed, rambunctious 7-year-old and Holly is a 6-year-old tomboy. The youngest is Sue, age 4.
Their father, Mr. Hollister, owns a general store named the Trading Post, where he sells hardware, sporting goods, and toys. Mrs. Hollister tries to help her children solve mysteries and is always ready with handy tips for solving clues.
Joey Brill and Will Wilson appear as rivals of the Hollister family in most books. While not actually villains, they appear as obstacles to the Hollisters' mystery-solving efforts in most plots.
Now, I have some excellent news to share with you! The first book in the series, The Happy Hollisters, has been republished and is available in paperback from amazon!
Now, I know not everyone is going to be as excited as I am, but I was so excited about all this news that I immediately contacted my father. I knew he was someone who would be just as excited! And he is! He's already sent out the alert to everyone he knows that they must buy these books for their children or grandchildren. And he's already told me he wants a copy for every one of his grandchildren. I have the original copies of a few of The Happy Hollister books, including the first one. But I want the new paperback because I wouldn't be so scared of my kids getting their hands on it.
There were 33 Happy Hollister books printed. I hope to get my hands on all the original versions, but I want them all in paperback as well! But it's a one- at- a- time thing and I suppose depends on how well they sell, so be sure to buy your own copy!
The Happy Hollister's now have a website where you can find out more about them, the author and some newly discovered information (as they find it). They also have a facebook page where it's nice and easy to keep up with the latest news!
Giveaway time!
*ENDED*
*ENDED*
Disclosure: This book is being provided by the Svenson family. I am not responsible for you receiving it. Also the book is not yet signed and unforseen events could happen, keeping it from happening. The book is scheduled to be signed Oct. 23rd. Three days after the contest ends.


















I've never heard of these books!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite reads were Angelina Ballerina (my mom and dad liked to call me that as well since my name is Angela) and the Berenstein Bear books for older readers (the chapter ones), as well as the Baby SItters Club :)
I... dont remember a special childish-book :S... The one I remember the most and cherish through the ages is "the call of the wild" of Jack London. I read it when I was 8 or so and o totally loved it.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite would have to be Night of the Twisters by Ivy Ruckman. 'm not sure how I came into possession of it, but my mom, older sister, and I read it so many times that the front and back cover, along with the last couple of pages are now missing. I'm still hoping to find a copy in better condition because I really feel like re-reading it.
ReplyDeleteNever heard of the series, but it's awesome that a book you loved is being republished. ^_^
hauntingorchid (at) aol (dot) com
I loved Ramona the Pest.
ReplyDeletebkhabel at gmail dot com
Oh, I haven't heard of this but it sounds really cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the rec/presentation! XD
The magic tree house series! I still have them all in a box upstairs =3
ReplyDeletemissy1549@gmail.com
The Little House series was my favorite for a long time. My mom and I read through them together! Then we moved on to the Anne of Green Gables series.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this giveaway.
Jessi
jlelliott08 AT gmail DOT com
I can't remember earlier chapter books, but Box Car Children, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and Sweet Valley High were some of my preteen reads.
ReplyDeleteThese look cute, I've not heard of them before. Ty for introducing me to them ;)!
Pam S
pams00 @ aol.com
I really enjoyed The Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder when I was a kid.
ReplyDeletePlease enter me in the giveaway.
justpeachy36@yahoo.com
The Call of the Wild. Please enter me in contest. Tore923@aol.com
ReplyDeleteI grew up with Junie B. Jones! It was my absolute favorite series...probably have read all of them :)
ReplyDeleteStephanie
2love.stephanie@gmail.com
I don't remember the author but my favorite book was Today I Feel Like A Warm Fuzzy. Thanks.
ReplyDeletepartymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com
My favorite series -- The Happy Holisters of course! My copies were red under the dust covers. I started reading this series around 1955, and it was a thrill every time a new copy came out. Loved the Hollisters more than the Bobbsey Twins.
ReplyDeletebmcbroom at gmail dot com
Hi! I'm not sure if my previous comment went through, but the gist of it was that I'm completely pro-ebooks because they are cheaper, take up less space, easily available and convenient to carry around in large numbers on a handheld device, removing the need to lug around huge tomes to avoid boredom! Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteE-mail: sarah.setar@gmail.com