I haven't done the hop or Follow Friday yet this month and I thought I'd do one here before November when things will be CrAzY with Steampunkery on Candace's Book Blog.
The Blog Hop is hosted by Jenn at Crazy-For-Books. Each week Jenn also picks a question to be asked, and answered (it's always nice to have more to say in the comments!) and this week she asks:
"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"
I have to agree with Jenn on this one. I'm dreaming of a library in my bedroom actually, with wall to wall bookshelves on the one side of my room. I have vaulted ceiling's so I would need one of those roll along ladders (I already need one because I have ceiling shelves). Then I would have a couple super comfy chairs. I have the whole image in my head and planned out!
Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by the lovely Rachel at Parajunkee's View.
She asks:
She asks:
If you have, or would have a daughter, what book would you want your daughter to read?
I do have a daughter and I'm looking forward to reading A Little Princess to her. She's only 5 so I'm waiting another year or two :)
So there's a lot going on here, or at least there will be next week when Steampunkery starts! I'll have loads of giveaways, Steampunk book reviews, guest posts, and Steampunk fashions (even a giveaway for one or two!). You can check it all out here on my post. I can tell you that the first giveaway consists of 8 books! Some are in prize packs so you get more then one. One of the packages includes Gail Carriger's three books. Anyway, just be sure to check it out!





















Hi Candace, I'm an old follower, but I'm hopping by to say hi! :) A Little Princess is a great choice! I remember enjoying it a lot as a little girl... Maybe I should reread it one of these days :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Erika Breathes Books
Hi Candace! Just stoppin' on by; I'm an old follower (and lover!).
ReplyDeleteI don't have a daughter, and when I answered I never even imagined including books to read for her early on. A Little Princess sounds perfect! :)
Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer
Great suggestion of A Little Princess. Secret Garden too. I loved the movies for both of these books that came out in the early-to-mid 90s too.
ReplyDeleteHopping by! Good suggestion...I went with a total high school read. I didn't even think about a fairy tale. Hmmmm I like your answer!
ReplyDeleteHope you come by and see my answer!
Hey Candace! Love your blog! Just stopping by from both hops. I think that A little Princess is a great choice. New follower!
ReplyDeleteHello Lady Candace,
ReplyDeleteFollowing the mechanical bunny around... old follower.
Anything bookish... A library at my fingertips at all times. Luckily I have my Nook :D
A book to recommend to my figurative girl, Twenty Boy Summer & Speak!!
Sorry no post for hopping tonight but I have a new book review up.
Mad Scientist
http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com
Hi Candace, I'm a new follower stopping by via the Hop. I adore your layout -- that moon is so gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAnd wow, a room full of books with a roll around ladder would be so awesome! I actually haven't read The Little Princess myself, but I've heard great things about it. I hope your daughter absolutely loves it :D
My hop
Old follower hopping through. Like you I'm dreaming of a library but yours sounds amazing. Seriously, vaulted ceilings! Incredible! You'd be just like Belle from Beauty and the Beast. You can bet I'd get up on that ladder and sing "Bonjour!".
ReplyDeleteHave an awesome weekend!
A library seems like the popular vote! That's what I want too!
ReplyDeleteHere's my hop: http://jessica-agreatread.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-blogger-hop_29.html
Ooh, I love A Little Princess! What a great choice. I didn't evne think of that one. And vaulted ceilings?! I'm jealous! Sounds pretty :)
ReplyDeleteIf you get a chance, check out my blog. I hope you have a great weekend! :)
OMG when i was a kid i read the little princess over and over and over!!!!!!! I LOVED IT.. and the movie ;-)
ReplyDeleteI want wall to wall shelves also.. I WOULD love it. and when we move I THINK i'm going to make this happen!!!!! He thinks (my husband) it's going to be a "man lounge" haha- mistaken... ;)
a little princess..i need to have my daughters read that one too. already follow. Steampunk oh sounds like a fun month.
ReplyDeletehi there! I'm just stopping by from the hop (already following). I'd love to have my own library :-)
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend!
mykozykorner.blogspot.com (my book blog)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI'm doing my rounds for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday so I'm stopping to say say hello. :) I hope you have a fantastic weekend.
I'm an old follower.
http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com
I'd love my own library too :) Have a great Halloween weekend!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from the blog hop and looking forward to Steampunkery in November.
ReplyDeleteStop by and check me out!
Becky (The Book Frog
Just stopping by to say Hi. If you havent already. Stop by and enter my book giveaways and my Poll.
ReplyDeletehttp://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com/
See you next week
Lora
Hellow Candace! :) I have never read A Little Princess, but I did see the movie, of course. :P I think we own the book somewhere in my house, maybe I'll give it a read. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm an old follower, but wanted to post on your follow friday post! :D
Hey! Just hopping by! I'm your newest follower. Have a great weekend! Your moon rating scale is very cool.
ReplyDeleteCarmel @ Rabid Reads
Oh cute, enjoy reading A Little Princess then:)
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower, feel free to visit/ follow my blog: http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/follow-friday-4.html
Yaaay steampunkery! I'm looking forward to what you have to say on that.
ReplyDeleteFor me, I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I am trying to channel my zen side and thin down the ridiculous amount of books that I've got. Too many years of attending ALA conferences and/or Book Expo with oodles of free ARCS had turned my apartment into a book dumping ground! I'm trying to hang on to only those very, very special copies of books (suitable for re-reads, great sentimental value, or appropriate to re-gift to friends) now.
Just stopping by to say hello :)
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend!
I'm a new follower from the FF. I would love a NookColor but a library like the one in Beauty and the Beast (all that never ending space!) would be loverly too!
ReplyDelete