Published: Aug. 1st, 2010 by HarperCollins
isbn: 0061140112 (ISBN13: 9780061140112)
Reading Level: Young children
Received from: Author for Review
Description:
When the sun goes down and everything is wonderfully cold and dark, a vampire boy and a little witch go searching for children in the night.
But this is no ordinary night. It is Halloween, and what they find may surprise them. . . .
My Thoughts:
I was first a little concerned about whether this would be a little scary for my kids. But that was just because I didn't really know where the story would go. It turned out to be a super cute book about a vampire boy and his friend, the witch, who want to see human children. They end up at a Halloween costume party and aren't sure where the human children are. At the end the children take off their costumes and they see that they are human children and they fly off home for the night as the children look on.
The illustrations are great! My daughter (5) looked through the book over and over because she loved seeing what each child was dressed up as. She's really into Halloween and so I was so happy to get a Halloween book to review.
It's a quick read, and is fun to read which is a huge bonus to me. There's not really any big words and it's easy for even the youngest children to understand.
But this is no ordinary night. It is Halloween, and what they find may surprise them. . . .
My Thoughts:
I was first a little concerned about whether this would be a little scary for my kids. But that was just because I didn't really know where the story would go. It turned out to be a super cute book about a vampire boy and his friend, the witch, who want to see human children. They end up at a Halloween costume party and aren't sure where the human children are. At the end the children take off their costumes and they see that they are human children and they fly off home for the night as the children look on.
The illustrations are great! My daughter (5) looked through the book over and over because she loved seeing what each child was dressed up as. She's really into Halloween and so I was so happy to get a Halloween book to review.
It's a quick read, and is fun to read which is a huge bonus to me. There's not really any big words and it's easy for even the youngest children to understand.
This is one I'll bring out year after year around Halloween for us to enjoy.
I give it 5/5 for story and for illustrations. I highly recommend!




















This looks like a book my boys could really get into.
ReplyDelete*tsk tsk*
They need more great boyish books out there.
Mad Scientist
madsteampunkery.blogspot.com
How cute!! I don't have any kiddies yet, but that sounds like something I wouldn't mind them reading.
ReplyDelete♥Isalys
PS: Help us Create A Halloween Story and while you're there, you can sign up to win our Halloween Prize Pack {includes a copy of "Eat Prey Love" by K. Sparks}.
Cute! Thanks for reviewing this one. My girls love Halloween too, so we'll have to look for this one. :)
ReplyDeleteI think most children young and old love Halloween. This looks so cute, I will have see if I can find it for my gradnson's. Thanks for the reivew
ReplyDelete