Published: September 28, 2010 by Henry Holt and Co.
isbn: 0805090053 (ISBN13: 9780805090055)
Received from: We Love YA Tours
Reading Level: Young Adult
Description:
Sixteen year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of a car while her mom fills her prescription at the pharmacy. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, their car is being stolen--with her inside! Griffin hadn’t meant to kidnap Cheyenne, all he needed to do was steal a car for the others. But once Griffin's dad finds out that Cheyenne’s father is the president of a powerful corporation, everything changes—now there’s a reason to keep her. What Griffin doesn’t know is that Cheyenne is not only sick with pneumonia, she is blind. How will Cheyenne survive this nightmare, and if she does, at what price?
My Thoughts:
I really liked Cheyenne and connected with her immediately. I felt like the situation and reactions were realistic and it was easy to understand her thought process and her love and hate for Griffin. Well, maybe not love, exactly. But not the hate she felt for some others.
Although Griffin is the kidnapper, the story has interesting twists so he's not really the bad guy, so much.
Cheyenne is blind but there's a history behind it and through out the story we learn more about how it is to become blind, how hard it is to accept yourself and to move on and the strength she's had to survive all she's gone through. Past and present.
We also learn about Griffin and his past. I found myself feeling for him and urging him to take action to change his life and the situation he's gotten himself into.
This book takes place here, locally to me. I really liked that. Although there's not a lot of description of places I knew the lay out and the struggle that Cheyenne would have wandering the woods blindly.
Overall this was a great book with strong characters and a unique storyline. It's a fast read, it was only a couple hours for me.
I give this book 4/5 moons!
You can find out more about Girl Stolen and April Henry on her Website




















Sounds like a great book. Nice Review :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good read to me ....
ReplyDeleteHow much did it take for you to finish it ?
The more I read about this book, the more I want to own it and read it myself. It seems like an amazing read. Great review! =)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read this one! Great Review!
ReplyDeleteI definitely want to read this!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review. I'm really excited for this one.
ReplyDeleteAlison Can Read
Ooo I really can't wait to read this!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't care for this book. I'm glad you enjoyed it though!
ReplyDeleteI liked this one too & want to check out some of April Henry's adult thrillers now. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree, the storyline of this book is really unique! Please check out my review here: Girl, Stolen by April Henry
ReplyDelete