I was debating what to post today. I have some reviews that I could post but some are books that don't come out for awhile and some are middle grade and I try to keep the middle grade at once a week if possible. But then I got some news that totally inspired today's post.
First of all, some back story. Last year (over a year ago now!) I had grabbed Cornerstone by Misty Provencher for .99 cents and featured it in a mailbox post or something. A few weeks later Misty emailed me and asked if I had read it, it seemed she was looking for feedback because there were hardly any reviews out yet. I hadn't read it but I was impressed with Misty, she seemed pretty awesome, so I picked up soon after. Cornerstone blew my mind! I had read some Indie books before, but was really wary of them and Cornerstone really opened me up to trying more. It was very well wrote and was an incredible story. Of course when Keystone came out in the fall I was all over it and it was even better. Then Misty got to become a full time author! (I like to think that I helped her get there since I couldn't stop telling people to READ HER BOOKS ALREADY!) Suddenly she was putting out books left and right. Okay, so she put out two more books (separate from the Cornerstone series) and of course I read them (and loved them!) and will read anything and everything she writes even if it's not a genre I read much of. She has a way of creating amazing characters that I truly love and feel like I really know.

In addition Misty is an amazing person. She's always so full of thanks for everything we bloggers do. She's fun and easy to talk to and if I talked on the phone we'd pry chat for hours (I don't talk on the phone, my kids drive me batty and I'm not a multi tasker).
Anyway, right now Cornerstone is FREE for kindle! And, some great news, Jamb (book 3 in the Cornerstone series) is now out (as I'm writing this it's not yet listed on amazon, but should be up soon)!!!! So if you already started the series you can grab it now! And if you haven't, well you better get busy and grab Cornerstone!
Yep, I got some mad love for Misty, so stop by her blog, tweet at her awesome face or drop by her facebook page and show her some love!
First of all, some back story. Last year (over a year ago now!) I had grabbed Cornerstone by Misty Provencher for .99 cents and featured it in a mailbox post or something. A few weeks later Misty emailed me and asked if I had read it, it seemed she was looking for feedback because there were hardly any reviews out yet. I hadn't read it but I was impressed with Misty, she seemed pretty awesome, so I picked up soon after. Cornerstone blew my mind! I had read some Indie books before, but was really wary of them and Cornerstone really opened me up to trying more. It was very well wrote and was an incredible story. Of course when Keystone came out in the fall I was all over it and it was even better. Then Misty got to become a full time author! (I like to think that I helped her get there since I couldn't stop telling people to READ HER BOOKS ALREADY!) Suddenly she was putting out books left and right. Okay, so she put out two more books (separate from the Cornerstone series) and of course I read them (and loved them!) and will read anything and everything she writes even if it's not a genre I read much of. She has a way of creating amazing characters that I truly love and feel like I really know.
In addition Misty is an amazing person. She's always so full of thanks for everything we bloggers do. She's fun and easy to talk to and if I talked on the phone we'd pry chat for hours (I don't talk on the phone, my kids drive me batty and I'm not a multi tasker). Anyway, right now Cornerstone is FREE for kindle! And, some great news, Jamb (book 3 in the Cornerstone series) is now out (as I'm writing this it's not yet listed on amazon, but should be up soon)!!!! So if you already started the series you can grab it now! And if you haven't, well you better get busy and grab Cornerstone!
Yep, I got some mad love for Misty, so stop by her blog, tweet at her awesome face or drop by her facebook page and show her some love!
My Reviews:




















It's really lovely becoming friends with authors, especially when they're so lovely! I'll have to check out Misty's books!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing about Misty's book. She was on my blog last year and was great to work with.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you're reviewing middle grade about once a week. As a middle grade aspiring author (also trying YA), I know middle grade authors are thrilled to have their books reviewed by a popular YA blog like yours where they can get some better exposure for their books. Thank you so much for doing this.
You are so incredibly kind, Candace, and I would definitely say you were instrumental in launching my books out into the world! I would never have done a tour if it wasn't for you and I am happy that we've become email buddies. Thank you so much for your help (always) and this post just made me sniffle a little this morning. Thank you, my girl- I'm honored to know you!!
ReplyDeleteEeep! So excited! I just grabbed my copy. I love Misty too, she is so nice and what I have read from her so far has been fabulous. I am really looking forward to starting this series. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! I definitely agree w/everything you said. Misty is an awesome writer!
ReplyDeleteI have Cornerstone, but haven't read it yet. Hale Maree sounds really good too. I will have to read some of her books soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! So glad you took a chance on Cornerstone, and ended up making a friend and getting an amazing indie series. Thanks for the heads up on the sale, too. I just picked it up! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me of Cornerstone, Candace! Free or not, I needed to get it right away. My friend and book sister Heidi has been talking non stop about it so naturally I have to read it asap. I was just so busy with my arcs that I completely forgot. Well, now it's waiting with Ferguson, my Kindle, and I certainly won't forget. I'm off to schedule a review right away to ensure I have time for it SOON.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
If it free, then I will go get it!
ReplyDeleteLovely review! I really need a better way to read e-books since I'm not a fan of reading on the computer. Love that you're a fan of all her books and she's a sweet person. I love authors like that and are always trying to promote them.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I didn't know there was going to be a 3rd Cornerstone book! I am halfway through Keystone right now and totally love it. Thanks for recommending these great books!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed that first book and I need to continue with that series. I wanna know what happens. :) You have also got me wanting the rest of her books. Just need to find the time to devour them all!
ReplyDeleteOh cool I've heard a lot about Misty's book, especially Cornerstone that I've seen around quite a bit if I had a Kindle I'd def snag the free copy >.< I really like the covers they're very different which is refreshing!
ReplyDeleteConfession ..i have 4 of these books on my nook and still haven't read them *runs and hides*
ReplyDeleteI loved the first two books, but I forgot what happened so now I have to reread them. GAH! But I'm definitely getting it!
ReplyDeleteAnd Mercy too. Looks like an awesome book.
I have heard nothing but good things about Misty's books. I have the first one in the Cornerstone series. I am just going to have to find the time to start it soon.
ReplyDeleteThese comments just make my heart happy. Thank you so much for featuring me, Candace, and thanks to all of you who have commented. You've made my weekend!
ReplyDelete