I stink at completing challenges. I tend to start several but never finish them just because it's one more thing to do, and trust me when I say I have plenty to do!
But one thing that constantly stresses me out is that I have loads and loads of series to finish up. I keep starting new ones and then I have problems keeping up. I also have a ton of series I started before I started blogging in 2008 that I SO need to get back to. So I decided to do the Seriously Series Reading Challenge hosted by On a Book Bender and Reading the Paranormal. If you want to sign up go HERE.
Quoted from Reading the Paranormal:
Definitions
For this challenge, we define a series as a collection of two or more books that belong together and where the second book is published before the end of 2013. This is a pretty broad definition of series, and it includes traditional series like the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, less traditional series like Stephanie Perkins's YA contemps (Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door), and shorter series, like Kendare Blake's Anna series (Anna Dressed in Blood, Girl of Nightmares).
A series is considered complete in one of two ways: either as finishing all the books that you own in the series or as obtaining and reading all the books that have been published in the series to date. Because we don't want this challenge to become a financial burden, how you choose to define completion is left to your discretion.
How It Works
To allow for the greatest level of flexibility, we've separated series into three categories: series started before 2013, series started in 2013, and series rereads. Series started before 2013 are defined as series that you have started reading before Jan. 2013 and that you still have unread books to get current in (or finish) the series. Series started in 2013 are defined as any series that you start reading between Jan. and Dec. 2013, and the second book in the series must be published before December 2013. A series reread is defined as books that are part of a series that were read before Jan. 2013 and that are reread between Jan. 2013 and Dec. 2013. A series reread does NOT have to include the full series.
For each category, there are different levels of seriousness about series that you can choose. Semi-serious is reading 1 to 6 series, seriously serious is reading 7 to 12 series, super seriously serious is reading 13 to 18 series, and seriously spectacular series star is reading more than 18 series. What this ends up looking like is this:
You choose which categories you want to attempt and which level to shoot for. Reading novellas and short stories from a series does count here.
series started before 2013 series started in 2013 series rereads Semi-Serious 1-6 series 1-6 1-6 Seriously Serious 7-12 7-12 7-12 Super Seriously Serious 13-18 13-18 13-18 Seriously Spectacular Series Star 18+ 18+ 18+
So I am going with Super Seriously Serious. Yep, totally flipping serious here. I am in BAD shape!
Series I need to work on to complete:
Rachel Morgan (Hollows) by Kim Harrison
- Pale Demon
- A Perfect Blood
- Ever After
- Crossed
- Reached
- Mississippi Jack (#5)
- My Bonnie Light Horseman (#6)
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Beautiful Chaos
- Beautiful Redemption
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
A Million Sons- Shades of the Earth
- Opal
- Origin
- Dark Frost
- Crimson Frost
- Blood Moon (#5)
- Blood Prophecy (#6)
- Second Grave on the Left
- Third Grave Dead Ahead
Jeaniene Frost ~ while she has a few different series, they all go together so pretty much any and all of her books.
- Once Burned
- Up From the Grave
- Twice Tempted
- Forever
- Honeymoon of the Dead (#5)
- Clockwork Prince
- Clockwork Princess
- City of Lost Souls
I will likely add more to this list. These are the ones off the top of my head only.



















I like challenges too, keeps me in line as far as realizing my goals are concerned. GOod luck with your challenges and hopefully your 2013 reads are good!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good idea!! I am currently re-reading old series as well bc I want to blog about those books too not just NEW books, bc those books still exist :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea. I such at completing series to. What a great motivation.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great challenge to sign up for!! I have soooo many series I have started and haven't been able to get to because of other things. I have way more than I can count on both hands!
ReplyDeleteI may have to sign up for this one.
You can do it, Candace!
ReplyDeleteI hope you end up finishing and enjoying the Matched, Beautiful Creatures and Wolves of Mercy Falls series :D
I am always tempted to join in on the challenges. I envy those who have the dedication to follow through. I know I would not.
ReplyDeleteI'm so awful about doing challenges--or at least keeping track of them, hah! This will definitely help a lot of readers stay focused, though. Great idea. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is the ONE challenge that I've joined this year. Finishing already started series, rereading favorites, and NOT starting any new series was something I had already planned to focus on this year.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your list!
Awesome challenge. Last year I joined in a bunch of challenges and had a hard time keeping track, so this year I am only doing my GR reading challenge and the TBR pile challenge to read some of my neglected books from last year and the year before. Good luck with this challenge. It sounds really good. :)
ReplyDeleteOoohhh...I am really tempted to join this challenge...but I am so trying to not overdo it this year with pressure on myself!
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE the Infernal Devices, so you definitely have to get to Clockwork Prince soon, and the Lux Series keeps getting better and better IMO. I really do need to start Jeaniene Frost's books, since I've heard they're amazing, and the Charley Davidson Series. Wonderful list, Candace, and good luck with your challenges! :D
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! This is a great challenge. :)
ReplyDeletewow that's a serious challenge! makes me feel bad about just having one challenge to finish 100 books this year lol
ReplyDeleteAnd you will be super seriously serious this year! I can FEEL IT. :) Glad you're joining us.
ReplyDelete