Today, thanks to the lovely Jean BookNerd I have Kristen Simmons on the blog as part of her blog tour for Breaking Point. I haven't yet read the first book, but I have heard it's a fantastic series so I'm hoping to read it really soon! Make sure to check out the rest of the stops on the tour HERE. And tomorrow be sure to check out the stop at Dystopified (yep, it's a blog all about dystopians)!
So without further ado, here's Kristen Simmons!
Which character have you enjoyed getting to know the most over the course of writing Article 5 Series?
I have so enjoyed Chase’s struggles
and recovery, and the strength Ember finds through this journey, but honestly I
have really loved learning more about Sean. (My editor will love hearing this,
I’m sure – she has a not-so-secret crush on him.) In ARTICLE 5, Sean is one of
Ember’s guards at reform school. As the story continues, he becomes tied to her
in ways neither of them expected. I never planned for him to be such an
important part of Ember’s life, but that’s the wonderful thing about writing a
book – sometimes your characters surprise you.
While writing BREAKING POINT, Sean
kept appearing on the page, supporting Ember, and at times challenging her, in
ways she really needed it. He’s funnier than I once thought. Whenever I hear
his voice in my head, he’s got this subtle edge of sarcasm that makes me smile
– it’s something all of them really need to get through the difficulties that
they face. He’s making fun of her hair, or cracking jokes in tense situations.
But this isn’t to say that they keep him around simply for comic relief. Those
who have read ARTICLE 5 know that Sean is about to face some tough obstacles in
his hunt for the love of his life, Rebecca. Since her capture, he’s been doing
all he can to locate her, and will need Chase and Ember’s help (as well as the
help of someone unexpected) if he’s going to save her from the Moral Militia.
BREAKING POINT will test Sean, but
things will only get harder, I’m afraid. In the final installment of the
ARTICLE 5 series, Sean is going to be pushed even farther, and just as Ember
once needed him, he’s really going to need her if he’s going to make it
through.
About the Book:
The second installment in Kristen Simmons's fast-paced, gripping YA dystopian series.
After faking their deaths to escape from prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.
Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper’s true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….
Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.
Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.
With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?
About the Author:
Kristen Simmons has a master’s degree in social work and is an advocate for mental health. She lives with her husband Jason and their precious greyhound Rudy in Tampa, Florida
Links:
Website: http://www.kristensimmonsbooks.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/author.kristensimmons
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kris10writes
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4692856.Kristen_Simmons

























I just love it when authors see their characters as real people, it deinitely shows in their books and it makes it easier for the rest of us to see them like that as well. I have Article 5 and Breaking Point on my reading schedule for February and I simply can't wait to meet everyone... especially Sean.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
I'm really looking forward to the next installment of this series. Sean's an intriguing character, especially since he seems to be going counter to what he's supposed to be doing.
ReplyDeleteI always love hearing about which of their characters authors love most. It would be hard not to feel like you know them personally and get invested in them.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I (once again) have this series to read and just haven't had the time yet to start it.
The more I hear about this series the more I want to read it! I NEED MORE TIME! LOL Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteReading about this series has really sparked an interest. Can't wait to check it out.
ReplyDeleteLove the guest post! I still haven't read the 1st book. -sigh- I suck.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your help with the tour Candace! I hope you enjoy the books!
ReplyDeleteKristen
Ah, I always wanted to read these books!! And now that I've read this post... I'm all in again! I love being surprised by character :))
ReplyDeleteOhh, cool post! I can't wait to read it. I think the stakes were raised even higher with the way it ended.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed Sean and learning about him. He is a great guy, and I can't wait to see more of him. Thanks for sharing the guest post.
ReplyDeleteJenea @ Books Live Forever
Thank you for being part of the tour Candace!!!
ReplyDeleteYour editor isn't the only one with a not-so-secret crush on Sean! I've been looking forward to Breaking Point since I finished Article 5.
ReplyDeleteI stumbled across this series today on GoodReads and immediately knew I had to start reading it. It sounds right up my alley. I can't wait to get the first book and start!
ReplyDelete