Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Details: e-arc, published Hardcover, 384 pgs.
Published: May 3rd, 2011 by Simon Pulse
isbn: 1416994084 (ISBN13: 9781416994084)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Source: Publisher
Description: Please note that this is the second in a series and contains spoilers from the first book.
Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to. Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.
This book was crazy intense! I wanted to skip to the end just to check and make sure that things would be okay. But I had an e-arc and it's probably a good thing I did!
I love the world that Jeri Smith-Ready has created. Where ghosts can be seen by those under 18. But it's not only about the ghosts, or even about the relationships of the characters. What I love the most is the mystery. Aura and Zachary are trying to figure out why the shift happened. Why were they born? And who is Aura's father? There are so many questions and this book answers some of them! Thank goodness!
I like Aura. But she started getting on my nerves a bit with her decisions when it came to her relationships. But my anger and frustration never seemed to last. Just at times I really did want to scream. And sometimes it wasn't her, but the others that frustrated me. It's good that I was invested enough in the story to really care, but I noticed that when I'm frustrated with the story then I tend to snap at my kids and get frustrated in real life. So if I'd had a real book I would've been scanning ahead just to ease that frustration.
This series is definitely for the older YA crowd. There's cursing, drinking and sex. Though not descriptive. I think it reflects realistically for the most part, but I still don't think that it's necessary to remind teens, or make them think that it's all okay.
Overall this is a terrific series and I'm incredibly anxious to continue it!
Find the author:
Purchase:
Disclosure: I recieved an e-arc of the book from the publisher for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.





















This looks like a pretty cool book :)
ReplyDelete-Shay at BestYoungAdultBooks.blogspot.com
This is the first time I hear of this one and it sounds interesting! Great review :)
ReplyDeleteI'm noooot loooking! I just ordered this yesterday! :)
ReplyDelete