Monday, September 27, 2010

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway

Details: Hardcover and paperback, 313 pgs.
Published: April 10, 2008 by Razorbill
isbn: 159514191X (ISBN13: 9781595141910)
Reading Level: Young Adult
Received from: Purchased


Description:

The description on goodreads is horrible and totally doesn't really say what's going on in this book.  So here's my own description.
Audrey breaks up with her rocker boyfriend (who is just a high schooler with big dreams).  He writes a song about the break up (she completely broke his heart) and becomes famous.  Which puts major attention on Audrey, who is suddenly famous herself.  Stalked by paparazzi,  misquoted in newspapers and magazines, and completely made out to be someone she's not, Audrey has to figure out how to balance her life.  But really all she wants is her old life back.
She still works at the Scooper Dooper where she starts to notice that the nerdy James may not be as nerdy as she first thought...


My Thoughts:
This book was so awesome that I'm sure it's on my favorites for this year.  It was unique, refreshing, and had amazing characterization.  
Lately I've been noticing characters personalities even more then usual.  I notice that if I don't connect with the character then I don't love the book even if the story itself is great.  Audrey had a HUGE personality!  It was strong, sarcastic, and all around fun.  
The side characters were great as well.  I thought her parents were fantastic as they were there, they had rules, and she followed them.  They were great in the sense that they worried about her a lot but yet they knew better then to be too strict, so she was able to have a life.  It was a perfect medium ground and so different from so many YA books with absent parents.
I loved the whole relationship in the book.  I thought the guys in Audrey's life were all unique and were all great in their own way.  I don't want to give away who she ends up with, but I'll say you don't see it coming in the beginning of the book.  It was PERFECT!  
I have to mention her best friend Victoria as well, because like Audrey she was larger then life.  She had a huge personality and you couldn't help but love her.  Although you do want to smack her a few times later on in the book.  And Victoria's relationship with her boyfriend Jonah, although not important to the story really, was awesome.  I'm not sure why it stands out to me so much, but I guess cause they were such a perfect couple. 
Audrey, Wait! was a fun, quick read with lots of laughs, but some serious moments as well.  It makes you feel for the celebrities that really can't have a life with the entire world knowing everything they do.  And how something that comes out of their mouth can be completely misconstrued.  
I highly, I mean highly, recommend this book to older YA's and adults.  There is quite a bit of cussing and a lot of the F-bomb.  There was mention of sex but no sex scenes or anything more graphic then some serious kissing.  
LOVED this book!
5/5 Moons

You can find Robin Benway on her website/Blog | Twitter

Disclosure: I purchased this book myself.  The opinions expressed are my own and I wasn't influenced in any way.

8 comments:

  1. I've heard the most amazing things about this book, but I've never considered reading it before. I'll definitely add this to my TBR pile now. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good.....I'm going to have to head over to amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds so fabulous, amazing review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Can't wait until I get caught up so I can read it...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything you said! It was such a refreshing read!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all the characters in this book too. It's kinda hard not to. I think I gave the same rating. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need 2 read this one! it sounds like a fun light read :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great. I have to be able to connect with my characters as well, and this sounds like a mc I would like.
    It is good to hear about quality guys too!
    Thanks for the review.

    Visiting from Saturday Situation!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs