Monday, November 1, 2010

Steampunkery- Where we list the books of Steampunk, as well as a linky to include your own reviews of the Steampunk nature.

This is where I shall list a few of the books considered Steampunk.  Keep in mind that Steampunk can be a varied genre and our ideas of Steampunk may vary somewhat.  I do hope that this list may help you in choosing books to read.  Below I shall also include a linky for you to link to your own reviews of the Steampunk nature.  Please be free to also include recommendations in the comments.
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, Book 1)The links are to amazon (affiliate links), and any purchases made will be used to help fund contests.

Steampunk  by Ann VanderMeer (Editor) and Jeff VanderMeer
The Steampunk Trilogy by Paul Di Filippo
Dreadnought by Cherie Priest
Avalon Revisited by O.M. Grey

Sapphique by Catherine Fisher (not released until Dec. 28th, 2010) Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Behemoth (Leviathan)  by Scott Westerfeld
Perdido Street StationPerdido Street Station by China Mieville 
Twenty Thousand Leagues under the SeaThe Scar by China Mieville
Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti 
The Alchemy of Stone Ekaterina Sedia
Whitechapel Gods by S.M. Peters
Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin




This list is not complete!  There are many more novels that may be considered Steampunk.  You can find a larger list here, at Goodreads.
Keep in mind that this list is only accomplished by finding other lists.  I have not read all of these books and can not relate to whether they would truly be Steampunk.  But others seem to think so and judging by the descriptions they sound as if they are.
In this linky please link us to your reviews of Steampunk books.
Include title and blog name please.  For example: Leviathan- Candace's Book Blog  Please do not link your giveaways, unless they include a review of a Steampunk book.  I reserve the right to delete any entry.
I look forward to reading your reviews! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I've a question: I've made a review of Leviathan and I want to add it to the Linky. But there's a problem: my review is in Italian: i've added the google translator to my blog, so if you want you can read it translated. So, can I add it to the link or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list! I'll have to add some to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuko,
    Go for it! Hopefully people will be able to figure it out, but I'm sure it won't be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the books you've listed, apparently I've read steampunk even without realizing it. A couple of them are also on my wish list. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs