It was AWESOME! Okay, I have pictures but they're on my camera and I just don't have time to get everything up right now, but I wanted to share with you guys while I'm still SUPER excited! It was so fun! I met Kimberly before the signing as we were both browsing (she was actually waiting for someone to find her) and we chatted a minute. She knew who I was once I said I was Candace. I guess she doesn't have too many Candace's stalking her yet ;) She was super nice and I knew right away it was going to be a fantastic time. While I was browsing some more I ran into Lisa Schroeder! She wrote; I Heart You, You Haunt Me, Chasing Brooklyn, Far From You and It's Raining Cupcakes. So I had her sign a couple books for me and a couple bookmarks. We've chatted on Facebook so she knew who I was.
Once I paid for my books I sat down in the front row (I had been over an hour early, I was NOT going to sit in the back row this time!). I had my baby with but he was sleeping in the stroller. Then a blogger I 'met' yesterday, her blogger name is Violet, came and sat by me. I was so happy to have someone to talk to! The time flew by because we couldn't stop talking! I think we fed off of each others excitement and it was just a blast having someone to talk to!!!! The signing wasn't packed, well, it was full but they didn't put up as many chairs as they sometimes do. I'm not sure how many were there, but may like 40? Kim did questions and answers and then read for us. She then started signing. Violet and I just waited until the end and the time flew by cause we had so much to say! Then we got pictures with Kim, Lisa, and Suzanne Young (author of The Naughty list, of which I also bought signed) and Kim signed our books! I also got some swag. Bracelets, posters, stickers and bookmarks. Most of which will be given away on here! Yay! I got my book signed, then a book for my sister in law and THEN, it's coming, it's coming... it's coming... a copy for YOU! My readers! Yep, I'll have a contest here to giveaway a copy!!!! YAY! So I have a busy couple of days coming up so I'm not sure if I'll get the contest up before Monday but hopefully Monday I'll be ready to get your entries! Kimberly was actually going to do the announcement in a vlog but to be honest I completely forgot! I guess we got so caught up in talking and the excitement that we both forgot all about it. Oh well.
So even as we left Violet and I couldn't stop talking. We stood in line and talked, we walked to my car talking and then we stood in the wind and drizzle talking forever. We couldn't stop! So we plan on doing signing's together from now on. It's so much more fun WITH someone! She's also going to be doing a giveaway (and she's got some other great books she's giving away too!) and I'll link you guys to her once we get the giveaways up.
So anyway, you all have a fantastic Easter weekend and I'll see you all AFTER the Easter craziness!!!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
6 comments:
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.
I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















Wow, that sounds pretty exciting!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you had a great time!!
ReplyDeleteOmigosh, that sounds like so much fun! I've never been to a book signing before :o
ReplyDeleteCandace, that sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I wrote Kimberly a letter after I finished The Body Finder and told her how much I enjoyed it. She very graciously wrote back. I love that. Take care and I wish you many more author events!
ReplyDeleteSo jealous ;-) Glad you had a great time hun!!
ReplyDeleteIt was so much fun visiting with you! I can't wait to join you at another fun book signing event! :)
ReplyDelete