Today I'm excited to be hosting a tour stop on the tour for Echo in Time by C.J. Hill, hosted by Fire and Ice.
Echo in Time
Erasing Time #2
by C.J. Hill (Pseudonym), Janette Rallison
Paperback, 400 pages
Expected publication: December 23rd 2013
by Katherine Tegen Books
ISBN 0062123963
Erasing Time #2
by C.J. Hill (Pseudonym), Janette Rallison
Paperback, 400 pages
Expected publication: December 23rd 2013
by Katherine Tegen Books
ISBN 0062123963
Book Summary: Echo in Time delivers on "the possibility of an equally thrilling sequel" (Kirkus Reviews) to Erasing Time.
After being pulled 400 years into the future, twins Taylor and Sheridan have found some refuge from the government of Traventon, which used the dangerous Time Strainer to yank the girls from the past. Yet the threat of the dangerous technology still looms. Taylor and an ally, Joseph, are selected to go on a mission to destroy the time machine and weapon. But their actions before they do may have major consequences for the future and the past.
Action-packed and romantic, this futuristic sequel to Erasing Time is perfect for fans of dystopian and sci-fi novels such as The Maze Runner by James Dashner, Across the Universe by Beth Revis, and Matched by Ally Condie.
Echo in Time is super fast paced with almost constant action and very little time allowed to breathe. With alternating perspectives we see what Sheridan, Taylor and Joseph go through when trying to destroy the time machine. If you haven't yet read Erasing Time, I suggest you do so immediately!
I found myself having a hard time remembering to breathe while reading this. It felt like they were constantly running into life or death situations trying to do/save/destroy things. And as it always seems to go, things don't always go according to plan. Time travel books are unpredictable because things can be changed, and that's something I always find fascinating. As far as time travel goes I feel like this isn't too terribly confusing but yet it's complicated enough to have to use your brain a bit to wrap your head around it. For me this is good, I feel like I have to think a bit but yet never really felt confused.
I love the characters! Taylor is just such a spitfire! She can think incredibly fast but doesn't put up with crap from anyone. She's really, really smart but doesn't go around blabbing about it. She's loyal to those she cares about, even if she doesn't yet know them real well. At the same time she's not trusting and is cautious in what she lets people know. Sheridan is smart too. She's not as present in the book but is always a main focus. Without giving too much away, I can just say she has to go through a LOT and it's pretty intense and scary.
The romance was back burner because of the constant action. There is a new potential romance though, and it's looking like it could shape up to be something really, really great. I loved the banter between the two and they seem to mesh well.
The world is CRAZY! It's the way future and I have to say that Traventon is a city that kind of reminds me of a Dr. Seuss movie (movie more then book because I picture it cartoonish). People are just so outlandish. And since they are in a domed city then things are more opened up. It's just fascinating to me. I wouldn't mind seeing these books made into movies, I think they'd convert to movie really well!
I highly recommend this series if you haven't yet started it. Kind of dystopian, very sci-fi, throw in some time travel and a touch of romance and you've got a winner!
Disclosure: I received this book for review purposes, all opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.
About C.J. Hill: CJ
Hill is a pen name for a YA author who is best known for writing
romantic comedies. (Slayers will be her 18th published book.) Her
writing has shifted away from the romantic comedy genre, so her editor
thought a pen name would be a good idea. (New books will include:
dangerous dragons, time travel to dystopian worlds, and flesh-eating
beetles.) Since the publisher refused to let her have the pseudonym :
The Artist Formerly Referred to as Princess, she chose a name to honor
her mother. CJ Hill was her mother's pen name, or at least it would have
been if her mother had published. Her mother wrote a few children's
books and a middle grade novel but was taken by cancer before she had
fully learned the craft.
Most
writers' first novels aren't publishable. CJ Junior's first novel
wasn't, but somehow was published anyway. Now, even though it is out of
print, it remains forever available on Amazon, where it taunts her with
its badness. This was another good reason to use a pen name.
CJ
Hill has five children, three of whom like her on any given day
depending on who is in trouble. She has lived in Arizona for the last
half of her life, but is still in desert denial and hopes that one day
her garden will grow silver bells and cockle shells or maybe just
tomatoes.
Fire and Ice- December 24- Kick Off
Candace's Book Blog- December 27- Review
Clean Teen Fiction -December 28- Review
Fiktshun- December 30- Guest Post
Getting Your Read On -January 2-Review
Two Chicks on Books- January 3- Ten's List
Bittersweet Enchantment -January 4-Review
Tressa's Wishful Endings- January 5- Review
Literary Time Out -January 6- Review
Min Reads and Reviews- January 7- Review
























I love books like this one! I wasn't planning on picking this one up yet because I haven't read the first one but I think I just might go ahead and get it anyways. Great review Candace!
ReplyDeleteWhy is this book not ringing any bells for me Candace? I can't remember hearing too much about Erasing Time and this is the first review I've seen for this book, but it sounds AWESOME. I love books that are non-stop action, provided they have fantastic characters of course but that doesn't seem to be lacking here. Thanks for the recommendation my friend!
ReplyDeleteThere's something about a go-go-go book that keeps you flying through the pages, isn't there? I especially love a spitfire of an MC, too!
ReplyDeleteI love a story at that builds on a crazy future. This sounds great!
ReplyDeleteI have had Erasing Time on my wishlist for forever, and this one sounds really good too. I hope my library is going to her more copies of book 1 soon. Great review, I am glad that you enjoyed it. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear book two delivered and was action packed. I love that there is a time machine and multiple povs.
ReplyDeleteI love books that you have to remind yourself to breathe! Sounds like it really hits the adventure spot! Oh and I'm so happy the characters are good too. Oh might have to get this one.
ReplyDelete