A Flower in the Snow
by Tracey Corderoy and Sophie Allsopp
Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Published: December 2012
ISBN: 9781402277405
$16.99; Ages 4-8
by Tracey Corderoy and Sophie Allsopp
Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Published: December 2012
ISBN: 9781402277405
$16.99; Ages 4-8
Luna and her polar bear friend, Bear, discover a beautiful gold flower growing in the snow. But when the flower fades, Bear goes on a search around the world for another to bring to Luna. It's only when he returns home that the true strength of their friendship is revealed. A beautifully illustrated picture book that celebrates the joys of friendship, A FLOWER IN THE SNOW has the look and feel of an instant classic.
This book is adorable and fun to read. The illustrations are eye catching and beautiful. The illustrations fill the pages, rather than just being small portions, and this is the style I prefer. The words just sit on the pictures (the parts with a solid background) and are in a large easy to read print. There are little parts that add to the cuteness factor like a little note left in the snow.
The story is about Luna and her friend Bear, a polar bear. They are best friends and spend their days playing in the snow together. Then one day they find a flower in the snow but once they pick the flower it wilts and dies and this makes Luna sad. So Bear takes off to go find another one and travels to jungles, deserts, and grassy hillsides searching for a flower but never finding one. Luna meanwhile is just missing her friend Bear and Bear realizes after his time away that he really misses Luna too. So he heads home and sees that she's sad because she missed him and that he didn't need to leave because she had seeds all along! So now they can have sunshine flower meadow in the snow! And the two best friends are just happy to be together again.
I definitely recommend this for kids who love snow! And pretty much everyone else. It's very cute and it's fun to read and it's a quick read, with only a sentence or two per page.
Disclosure: I received this book for review purposes, all opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.
One copy of A Flower in the Snow to one US/Canada winner, provided by the publisher.
You must be 13 or older to enter.
Ends 1/3/13
Fill out the rafflecopter to enter.






















Aww, this looks lovely, even I want a copy because I'm fascinated by the idea of snow (never seen it!)
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like an adorable read!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway Candace!
I love gorgeously illustrated children's books! My niece would love it! She just saw snow for the first time this year (she is from Thailand!)
ReplyDeleteawww that looks so cute! I miss kid books! I should pick some up!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thoughts on this one, especially since you're a mom! I'm glad you enjoyed it too. such a cute story- and I like the full page illustrations too.
ReplyDelete