Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Meredith Zeitlin and her talking cats... Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters, a MUST read!



Have you read Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters yet?  If your answer is no, then what's wrong with you?!  Seriously, this is a MUST read!  This is the kind of book you need to read when you're in a reading funk or just need something light and funny.  It's one of the few books I read this year that as soon as I finished I wanted to start it all over again.  Seriously guys, LOVED it!  Go check out my review HERE.

I don't normally post things like this, so this shows you how serious I really am about how strong my love is for this book.  But first you'll want to know a bit more about it...

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin
Hardcover (paperback in March!), 288 pages
Published March 1st, 2012 by G.P. Putnam Sons
 Kelsey Finkelstein is fourteen and FRUSTRATED. Every time she tries to live up to her awesome potential, her plans are foiled – by her impossible parents, her annoying little sister, and life in general. But with her first day of high school coming up, Kelsey is positive that things are going to change. Enlisting the help of her three best friends — sweet and quiet Em, theatrical Cass, and wild JoJo — Kelsey gets ready to rebrand herself and make the kind of mark she knows is her destiny.

Things start out great - her arch-nemesis has moved across the country, giving Kelsey the perfect opportunity to stand out on the soccer team and finally catch the eye of her long-time crush. But soon enough, an evil junior’s thirst for revenge, a mysterious photographer, and a series of other catastrophes make it clear that just because KELSEY has a plan for greatness… it doesn’t mean the rest of the world is in on it.

Kelsey’s hilarious commentary throughout her disastrous freshman year will have you laughing out loud—while being thankful that you’re not in her shoes, of course…

Meredith Zeitlin is such a fun person that she does these cool videos with her talking cats.  Yeah, her cats can talk!  LOL.  No, but they are very entertaining and here's her latest one.




Here's the original one she did.



And here is the totally amazing book trailer for those of you haven't seen it yet.



FRESHMAN YEAR Links:
Book Website: http://kelseyfinkelstein.com/
Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOTDUDvvO-k
Amazon Listing: http://mzwrit.es/r3YIgZ
Barnes and Noble Listing: http://mzwrit.es/sl9Sap

5 comments:

  1. Bahaha! So cute. I love when authors do fun things like that. It makes me want to give their books a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my fav's for sure this year! I LOVE Kelsey!! I want to go back to HS and be best friends w/ her :) I saw this book trailer when it was first released and I have to say it is my favorite one so far (some book trailers have been getting really cheesy) Anyway I agree everyone should read this book, it was hilarious and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so funny and cute! The cover is awesome ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that she made videos! I loved this book too so I will look through these videos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have GOT to read this book. I loved your review a few months back and that trailer is one of the best I have seen:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs