Thursday, September 8, 2011

I did it! I reached my goal!

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
Candace has completed her goal of reading 150 books in 2011!
hide

My reading goal for 2011 was 150 books.  I was fairly certain it would be easy enough for me but I still had such an amazing feeling of accomplishment.  This has been a record year for me.  I've mostly stayed at home and worked only a few weekends and my daughter was in school so I think that helped.  Of course I still have my two year old... but we came up with a routine (sort of) and I can usually get my reading done.  One thing that helps is keeping my netbook upstairs.  If it's close by I tend to jump on more often and that really puts a crimp in my reading time!  So I 'schedule' my time online and usually only get on twice a day, morning and evening (thank goodness I have an iPhone so I can keep up with emails with it).  Some days I'm just too overwhelmed and spend more time on it doing interviews, prepping posts, etc, but on average it's much less than it use to be.

I think I'll put my goal at 200 for the year now.  I'm fairly certain that's achievable!

So what were your reading goals?  Have you reached them?  What sorts of tricks do you use to get more reading done?

19 comments:

  1. Great job! 150 books is incredible,

    I'm still working on reaching 100 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plans to set 2012 challenges, but didn't have any this year. I'm super impressed by your 150 though! I average 2 books a week when school is in session, and that only adds up to 100 or so at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I set mine at 100 since I felt sure I could read that many. I just finished my goal as well. I haven't really put thought into uping the ante. There are still several months of the year left. But at the same time they are some of the most busy ones. I means I just love the holidays. I also have a baby coming in October so my time is getting a bit too tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! Mine is 250 and I'm at book 212. It's helped me that I listen to audiobooks when I can't actually read. I hope you make 200!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Candace!! My goal was 100 for the year, but taking a spring/summer course didn't leave me as much time in the summer to read. So I dropped it down to 95, which I think I can do. I am also fairly certain that I can get to 100, but just in case. Good luck oin reaching 200!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! 150 books is an awesome achievement. I can't imagine reading that many. Last year I only reached around 62, give or take a couple. This year with blogging I've so far reached 76 books, with my goal at 100. Next year I'm bumping it up to 125, and participating in more read-a-thons!

    Good luck going for 200, I'm sure you'll get there with no problems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay congrats!!! I only set myself a goal well into the year, but next year I'm hoping to aim for 150.


    Yay again :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to see this, joined your blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! That is truly an awesome feat. Mine is 75, and I'm so close! What gets me motivated is seeing every book move me just a bit closer.

    Wishing you an early good luck for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I set mine at 100 and I know I'm only a few books away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aimee, Holy Moly girl!

    I can't imagine reading even 100 if I had to work full time. Though I guess if I didn't have kids then maybe it wouldn't be so hard.
    Now school is what I bet makes reading hard. I think if I was in school I'd just want to get home and NOT read. Watch brainless TV or something.
    It was definitely a lucky year and I read more just because of my lifestyle this year. It allowed more reading time. And I pushed myself more then I ever have before.

    Sounds like lots of people are reaching their goals, so YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo congratulations! I think I'll keep track of how much I read in 2012- such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! Congrats :) This has been my slowest year yet :( I've had to lower my goal 2ce and I'm still behind that...it's all these migraines :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats. My goal this year was 111 and I am already at 105, so I expect to accomplish my goal in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I am in AWE! That is remarkable! Congrats! I'm at 119, and I think my current goal is 125, which I'll be raising a bit. Maybe I'll shoot for 150 for the year. It might be a challenge, but I suppose that's why it's called a READING CHALLENGE, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, congrats with completing you goal. Thats so wonderful to read. I am trying to read 100 books and I am 6 books behind - :(

    - Beckie
    http://syco4twilight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Candace!! You did awesome. I almost got 150 last year. I read 146...I was so close, but I was still happy because I was only trying for 100. This year however has been much slower. :( I've only read 83. I'll make it to 100 for sure but it won't be no where near what I read last year. I blame this all on hubby and the fact that he is home when I am now. But I guess that's okay...

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A reading goal of 200!! You are a reading machine! I don't know how some people are able to read so much, but I bet time management helps. I lack that skill, so my goal of reading 100 books is good enough for me. I'll definitely surpass it, but I'd rather feel overly accomplished than disappointed with not meeting my goal, so I'll keep it at that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs