Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness (RAK)

Vanessa and Isalys over at Book Soulmates started this amazing feature called How Big is Your R.A.K.?  It's a way for us to share with others as well as get some surprises ourselves.   We can sign up and share our wish list or we can pick people off the list to buy something for off their wish list.  I love getting surprises and although they have to contact you for your mailing address they can keep the book a secret.  And if you use amazon for your wish list they don't even have to tell you!  It can be a complete secret!  Well, as long as amazon knows all your info already ;)  I've been shopping there for several years now and I had completely forgot that people can buy you stuff off your list and you won't even know!  
I figure I'll alternate between signing up and buying something for someone else on the list.  Since I'm on a book buying ban I signed up this month.  I'm trying to save some money because we hope to buy a vehicle next month (or later this month) but next month I plan to buy something for someone on the list.  
I really really love this idea!  I LOVE surprises and I don't EVER get them!  My hubby doesn't buy me stuff because "the money is better spent on something you pick out yourself, that you actually want".  And my mom occasionally gets me something, but since she's so far away she often just sends money or something.  So a chance for a surprise?  I'm in!  
Anyway, head over to the post and sign up, or enter in to get a chance to be picked for someone to buy you something.  Just remember~ we don't all want to sign up all the time to get 'free stuff', pay it forward as well!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing this with your followers :) We hope to get a lot of people involved to help spread some book love all around the world!!

    The book blog community gives us a chance to make such great friends and there really is so much pleasure in the simple act of surprising someone with a little present 'just because'.

    Again, thanks for signing up and we hope you get LOTS of surprises :D

    {[Hugs}}
    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I think I will sign up too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs