Hardcover, 40 pages
Expected publication: May 13, 2014 by Feiwel & Friends
Dragon knows he is supposed to be brave—because that’s what dragons do. He’s so brave and valiant, he’s ready to try out his fearsome roar! But when he hears something that scares him, he turns to his forest friends to find the noise, and to help him be brave.
Young readers will relate to Dragon’s fears, and delight in his quest to be brave. Bestselling author/artist David Kirk, creator of the popular Miss Spider series, has created another beautiful, meaningful picture book to follow Oh So Tiny.
This review was done by my 9 year old daughter with a little assistance by me (mostly the typing and rephrasing of some things).
The characters in this story are Dragon and forest animals. Dragon tries to act brave and protect the animals, but he's really scared of his own roar. He talks big, like he's the bravest ever, but really, he's more scared than the little forest animals. Once he pulls all the forest friends in and they work together to defeat the monster (non-existant as far as we can tell) he's brave and with his friends by his side.
The story is really short. It only takes minutes to read.
The pictures are colorful and I like the dragon pictures and all the forest animals. I like the pictures when his mouth is open and when he roars.
This book is good for little kids cause it's really short. It teaches kids that it's okay to be scared but if you have your friends you can be together and maybe be brave.
Disclosure: We received this book for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.




















What an adorable cover and a wonderful review by your daughter! I love the message of friendship :)
ReplyDeleteMands @ The Bookish Manicurist
I love this cover! So bright and colorful. I really think my son would love this book. :)
ReplyDeleteThis one looks super cute! I love dragons. If only my nieces were a bit younger!
ReplyDeleteAww...your daughter's review is absolutely wonderful! <3 She definitely has potential to be a fabulous book blogger just like you when she's older! ;) When I was younger, one of my favorite songs was Puff the Magic Dragon, and for some reason this really reminds me of that song - LOL! I absolutely love reading picture books with my younger sister, so I'll definitely check this one out! Thanks for sharing! <3
ReplyDelete~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf
What an absolutely fantastic review!!!! I'm always on the lookout for books for my nieces, and though they're a bit younger than your daughter Candace, I'm adding this to the list for them. My oldest niece is HUGE on dinosaurs at the moment, so I think dragons might work as well:)
ReplyDeleteHope your daughter comes back and shares her thoughts again!
What a fabulous review! Your daughter did an excellent job. :) Sounds like a super cute book!
ReplyDelete~Jess
Aw, great job! This sounds like a great book for kids.
ReplyDeleteCute! I love picture books, and this one sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHigh, girl!
ReplyDeleteWhile, yes, I realize my penname is quite morbid, yet,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this mortal sinner yeeeeers to compile:
I lay it ALL out for you, dear - neet-o, packaged, concise
(gotta gobba poetry, too).
Nevertheless, wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no
zooillogical-expiration-date,
with an IQ much higher than K2,
and an extraordinarily, anti-establishment victory??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with an excellent bullsh!t detector):
“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love -
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.
Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.
Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big House.
Whoa. More than TEN! YEARS! AGO!
DeleteThat deserves some reward which I
think I gotta gobba lotta reward4you:
TOTALLY💕love to date you
in 7th Heaven, adorable babe:
+ psychopathicmath.blogspot.com +
Cya soon, ya stunning wildflower...
🔜 there’ll B☮️N our ❤️4️⃣♾
Delete➕lotsa🤪🤓(✖️⚡️⚡️⚡️) Y?
9️⃣9️⃣9️⃣...™️©️/®️🔑Upstairs
where 🎱 :
Juswanna letchoo know I’ll be@the
RongWay café in 7th Heaven doing
killer comedy after I bite-the-dust.
+ psychopathicmath.blogspot.com +
Cya soon, ya stunning wildflower...
Looks like this book is great for children. Actually I know an essaymojo writer than bought this book for her daughter and I've heard only positive feedback. Besides it's so colorful.
ReplyDeleteAwww this book sounds very lovely!
ReplyDeletecute review
xx
This sounds super cute! And the art looks just adorable :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHello everyone my name Ximena Jimena from Cuba i want to use this medium to inform the world on how i got cured from Herpes & diabetes at first when i had symptoms back in 2014 i went for test and it came out positive i lost hope of getting a better relationship or marriage, everything changed when i met Dr Itua i contacted explained everything to him and he said he has the cure so i decided to order it from him, so i actually did after 2 weeks i went for test and i was negative i'm forever grateful to him.he can also cure all diseases
ReplyDeleteemail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com Dr Itua can also bring back your ex lover and make him or she love more than ever.