Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Review Opportunities!



Hello my lovely readers!  I'm really excited because I have started working with some new (well, new to me) authors and have some great review opportunities open.  I feel like I have been juggling a lot of things with the tours and so I have started doing more on-going publicity and finding reviewers for some authors that I personally think are awesome!  You can always watch my page called Current Tours under the CBB Promotions bar at the top of my blog but because I know you guys don't always remember to check I will do posts now and again when I pick up new clients.  I actually have some in the works that I'm super excited about too but they aren't yet confirmed, so watch for them in the future!

Now remember, I only tell you guys about books I actually love, I don't take on just anybody.  A lot of these authors just haven't gotten the recognition they deserve.

I honestly don't know which start with, so I'm starting with my newest addition to my client list.  Owlet by Emma Michaels!  I know she recently had a HUGE tour so I'm sure you've heard of this gorgeous story.  But perhaps you haven't had the chance to read the book yet?  Well, here's your chance!
We're looking for reviews only for this one, and for reviews to be posted in your own time through April or so (if you can't review it until May, some exceptions may be made).

Owlet by Emma Michaels
Genre: YA Fantasy with contemporary issues
Published: Oct. 2012 by Tribute Books
Available: ebook: .mobi, epub, ipad epub and pdf.
Dates: Anytime through the Spring of 2013
Page Count: 140
Wanted: Honest Reviews
Open: Worldwide
Giveaway's: Possible
Requirement: Review on blog, Amazon and GoodReads
Find the book: Goodreads | Amazon
Find the author:  Website | Twitter | Facebook | Book Trailer



 About the book:
Somewhere between falling and flying… there is a girl.

Iris has a secret. She lost her memory eight years ago and never told a living soul. After an asthma attack one night she finds out that her dreams of a strange house on a snowy island may be a memory resurfacing but the more she learns about the past the more she realizes the life she has been living is a lie. As the façade her father has built starts to crumble around her she will have to decide which means more to her; the truth or her life.



Find the book on GoodReads.

Contact: candacesbookblog(at)yahoo(dot)com and put Owlet Review Op in the subject line.







This next one is a middle grade book and is gorgeous.  And I'm actually going to be doing some big events with the author and putting together a tour for all her books.  She's a fairly well known children's author who has put together some amazing books that are all about Preserve, Conserve, Inspire and Teach (as her logo shows).  While I'm planning a tour for April it's still in the planning stages.  So I can't really give you much info on that.  I do know that I'm looking for reviewers for Eliza's Forever Trees though and I have some very gorgeous paperback copies here just waiting to shipped out!  If you are interested in her children's books as well please shoot me an email and I'll put you on the list.

Eliza's Forever Trees by Stephanie Lisa Tara
Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy with Contemporary Issues
Published: Nov. 2012 by Brown Books
Available: All ebook formats as well as paperback.
Dates: Anytime through the Spring of 2013 (tour planned for April as well)
Open: Worldwide
Wanted: Honest Reviews
Giveaways: Possible
Requirement: Review on Amazon
Find the book: Goodreads | Amazon 
Find the Author: WebsiteBook Trailer | Facebook

About the book:
ELIZA'S FOREVER TREES:

Where has mother gone? Mothers don’t leave. Mothers stay, forever. Mothers are like redwood trees, those special forever trees that grow hundreds of feet high and live for thousands of years. Mothers read storybooks aloud. They know the power of a story. Power that can even make the wrong-beats of a child’s heart go away.

Maybe the monarch butterfly was right? Perhaps they should make the journey. The one that was too long, and too far, for a girl with a wrong-beating heart. Yet there was someone in the redwood forest that Eliza just knew could help. Not just any someone. Another mother. The first mother. The one, Eliza’s own mother had spoken of. Great Mother Redwood. The very first, the oldest and wisest redwood tree of them all. She, who started the forest thousands of years ago, might know where mother had gone. It seemed impossible. To find one who had never been seen, one who had only been spoken of? Yet. Mothers dont leave. They are like redwood trees. They stay, forever.

Eliza decided she must try. She would put one foot in front of the other, slowly. She would take small steps. She knew the butterfly would be patient alongside her. Down the path. To the forever trees.

To find Great Mother Redwood.

~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

My ten year old daughter and I often hike through the redwood forest which is just outside our home, here in Northern California. One of our favorite spots in the forest is a magical occurrence called a redwood fairy ring. Mother redwood reproduces by throwing off roots, sprouts, burls from her body. Child-redwoods form a circle around her, they are her, created from her very body. The children are as ancient as the original mother. This ring of trees is said to have a very powerful energy and magic. And I can certainly declare that when Maddie and I sit inside a fairy ring…we definitely can feel it.

With Love,
Stephanie Lisa Tara
San Francisco
June 2011


Contact: candacesbookblog(at)yahoo(dot)com with Eliza's Forever Trees in the subject line.




Additional books I'm still seeking reviews for are:

There Comes a Prophet by David Litwack
Genre: YA Dystopia
Published July 9th, 2012 by Double Dragon Publishing
Available: All ebook formats as well as paperback (available INT).
Dates: Through Spring 2013
Open: Worldwide
Wanted: Honest Reviews and the author is available for other features as well (interviews, guest posts, etc).
Giveaways: Available
Requirement: Review on your blog, Amazon and Goodreads.
Find the book:  GoodReads | Amazon 
Find the author: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Book Trailer | Goodreads



About the book:
Who among us will cast aside a comfortable existence and risk death to follow a dream?

A world kept peaceful for a thousand years by the magic of the ruling vicars. But a threat lurks from a violent past. Wizards from the darkness have hidden their sorcery in a place called the keep and left a trail of clues that have never been solved.

Nathaniel has grown up longing for more but unwilling to challenge the vicars. Until his friend Thomas is taken for a teaching, the mysterious coming-of-age ritual. Thomas returns but with his dreams ripped away. When Orah is taken next, Nathaniel tries to rescue her and ends up in the prisons of Temple City. There he meets the first keeper of the ancient clues. But when he seeks the keep, what he finds is not magic at all.

If he reveals the truth, the words of the book of light might come to pass:

“If there comes among you a prophet saying ‘Let us return to the darkness,’ you shall stone him, because he has sought to thrust you away from the light.”


What people are saying about There Comes a Prophet:
 "There Comes a Prophet was well-written and captivated my interest as I read it. It is undoubtedly one of the best underappreciated works I’ve read." by Fiction Fervor, find the full review HERE

"Each character is unique with their strengths and weaknesses. Each character is pretty thoroughly “fleshed out”." by My Parahangover

 "Nearly everything about this novel is believable: dialog, character development, events, conflicts, responses, consequences. You’ll identify and empathize strongly with the characters. This makes for a gripping story." by Kaben at On Starships And Dragonwings
*this review in particular is VERY well said!*


Contact: candacesbookblog(at)yahoo(dot)com with There Comes a Prophet in the subject line.






Provex City (Lorne Family Vault #1) by Michael Pierce
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy with Contemporary issues also presented.
Published: March 2012
Available: All ebook formats as well as a few paperbacks.
Open: Worldwide (Paperbacks US only)
Dates: Through Spring 2012
Wanted: Honest Reviews and the author is also available for other features (interviews, guest posts, etc)
Giveaways: Available
Requirement: Review on blog, Amazon and Goodreads.
Find the book: GoodReads | Amazon
Find the author: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website

About the book:
Fifteen-year-old Oliver Grain begins his school year fighting off bullies, learning about the boy who committed suicide in his room, and trying to understand why his history teacher, Mr. Gordon, has taken such a personal interest in him.

Do you believe in ghosts? Do you believe you can make bullies simply disappear? Do you believe you can walk through walls?

Mr. Gordon tells Oliver: "When you truly believe anything is possible, you will be able to open doors where there were only walls." And one of those doors leads Oliver to Provex City, which puts him in far greater danger than he can possibly fathom.

Contact: candacesbookblog(at)yahoo(dot)com and put Provex City in the subject line.



5 comments:

  1. A lot of wonderful sounding books here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have already read all of the books you sign up for to tour, I think that is awesome!

    If I hadn't already reviewed some of these I would sign up! Owlet is such a unique read and I really enjoyed Provex City!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so great they you have read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would sign up but my reading plate is full!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing- I like the idea of doing posts when you get new clients. I should try and do that more with my own clients. Provex City sounds really intriguing and I like the cover. I wish I could take one more right now...but I'm afraid I'm trying to limit my own review copies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs