If you know me at all you know I'm a HUGE fan of the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. I read the first three books last year as they were released and am hugely excited for book four, Tricked, out in April. Now I would most certainly reread this book right now but I loaned it out so I can't. However, I plan to do my best in answering the questions! Hopefully the three books haven't blurred together too much in my head!
Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile, Missie of The Unread Reader, and Felicia at Geeky Blogger's Book Blog are hosting this awesome read-along. It started March 2nd and lasts through the end of the month. Head HERE to sign up and see what awesome prizes are being given away as well.
Discussion Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!Discussion Questions for Chapters 6 — 10
1. In Chapter 6, Atticus goes hunting with Oberon and Flidais. What
was supposed to be a fun hunting trip turned rather disastrous. Were
you expecting something like this to happen or did it catch you by
surprise? Have you ever had something that should have been fun turn
disastrous or nearly disastrous?
Well, since I'm not able to reread the book (loaned it out) I'm not remembering which disastrous thing happened (yes, many more disastrous things happen, lol). But as far as my own things ending up a disaster... hmmm... I'm not thinking of any but I know there are some! If I think of them I'll come back.
2. We are only briefly introduced to the witches (or, a witch) in
chapter 7. What are your first impressions? How much would you trust
the witches? Why?
Well I wouldn't say I trust them. I mostly trust Atticus and his opinion. He knows to be cautious. I'm not sure I really remember my first opinion of them though. I think I was surprised that she was so ordinary though, lol.
3. Oberon says, “With dogs you just go up and smell their asses and
you know where you stand. It’s so much easier. Why can’t humans do
that?” Do you ever wish there was an easier way to find out where you
stand with someone (besides Oberon’s suggestion, of course)? In what
cases would it be easier or better to hide your true feelings?
I think we all have our secrets we'd like to keep as secrets even when it's just things like our opinion of someone, it can be important to hide it because we just can't always help how we feel even when we know it's wrong. Sometimes it would be nice to just know if someone is an enemy or not though.
4. Chapter 9 makes Atticus’ life much more difficult: the witches are
in some way working with Aeghus Og, Bres comes after Atticus, and more
trouble appears at the end of the chapter. Have you made sense of what
has happened thus far? Any predictions for what might happen?
I'll skip this one since I've read all the books so far...
5. Atticus has had plenty of time to cultivate attitudes and ethics
that would allow him to live a very long time. What do you think it is
about Atticus that has allowed him to live for as long as he has?
He's smart. He's cautious. He makes allies and avoids making enemies, at least so far... He goes about living his life trying to not get involved in things that aren't his business. Once again, that's at least so far...



















I've heard nothing but good things about this series--I can't wait to read it! So fun that you're doing this readalong. :)
ReplyDeleteWendy @ The Midnight Garden
It's always tough to do read-alongs if you're doing a re-read. Most of the questions are geared toward people who haven't read the book yet.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard for me not to read ahead in the book, but I enjoy answering the questions one week at a time w/o knowing what's coming.
ReplyDeleteI <3 Atticus
You're right--the witch does come off as kind of normal, even though she set off all my internal alarms when we first met her.
ReplyDeleteI had a hard time thinking of a story, too--guess my brain is protecting me from the trauma of it all! LOL.
Yes, it would be nice to know if someone is an enemy or friend, but I still don't think I'd want to know by sniffing a butt! LOL
ReplyDeleteOoo I can't wait to read the rest of Hounded and the rest of the series, and subtle hints like there being more trouble to come just beg me to read more! I shall be good though, it must be really hard to answer these questions if you already know what comes next :)
ReplyDeleteI trust Atticus too
ReplyDeleteIts funny how I thought I knew the book like the back of my hand but on the reread so many details are coming up that I didn't remember! LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd very true about number 3. :)
YES! I wouldn't want everyone to know what I was thinking about them, mostly because I'm kind of evil. However, it would be nice to know if they were someone I could trust and in regard to men, whether they thought me "friend" or "girl-friend" LOL! I've got Hubs now, so I just need to know about regular people. ;)
ReplyDeleteSometimes it would be nice to just know if someone is an enemy or not though.
ReplyDelete....that would be nice to know but your right on the small things. I totally don't need or want to know. Sometimes I get frustrated with people and it passes. It could blow up to something so big if they knew each time.