In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and is where we share the books we got through the week.
I had another amazing week (why oh why can't I read faster?!) but it started out with a bang. Because for Valentines Day (and with Christmas money and tax return money as well) I got a Kindle Fire! This is for the whole family so I'll only be reading on it occasionally, but I LOVE it!
To read on it I got:
A Killer First Date by Alyxandra Harvey (This is an enovella for the Drake Chronicles)
I also got Bourne (River of Time 3.5) by Lisa Bergren. This is an enovella that comes out the end of February. It was AMAZING (no surprise there!). I'll be sure to let you know once it's for sale.
Review:
Black Howl (Madeline Black #3) by Christina Henry (I'm loving this series!)
Fated (Alex Versus #1) by Benedict Jacka (Been compared to Harry Dresden and it sounds awesome!)
How to Be Death (Calliope Reaper-Jones #4) by Amber Benson (Haven't started this series yet.)
Doubletake (Cal Leandros #7) Rob Thurman (Haven't started this series yet either...)
The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting (I adore this series!)
The Calling (Darkness Rising #2) by Kelley Armstrong (Loved the first book!)
Glamour in Glass (Shades of Milk and Honey #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal (I loved the first one. It's like a Jane Austen but with magic!)
Gift:
Exiled by M.R. Merrick *signed* Huge thanks to Alexa at Pages of Forbidden Love for getting this for me!
Bought:
Mark of the Rose (The Tudor Vampire Chronicles #3) by Kate Pearce (I ADORE this series!)
Thank you to Lisa Bergren, Penguin (Ace/Roc), HarperTeen, Tor, and Alexa for the books!
So what was in your mailbox this week?























Great Mailbox!! I didn't know there was a novella coming out for the River of Time series!! Can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the Last Echo! I can't wait to read that one!
Heather
Congrats on your Kindle Fire! I'm getting ready to get just a plain old Kindle:) Looks like a great week for you. I need to hurry up and read Desires of the Dead and Shades of Milk and Honey, because the follow ups look awesome:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome IMM this week! So many good titles! So excited you got a Kindle Fire!!! Enjoy! :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-29-one-with-variety.html
Interesting books in your pile this week. YAY The Last Echo. How exciting for Kindle FIRE! ;) Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read the Calling! i hope you enjoy everything you got so far! Come check out my IMM!
ReplyDeletehttp://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-21.html
Also you've been Book Tagged! The link is below.
http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tagged.html
Yay for the Kindle Fire! and wonderful reads! The Last Echo looks good! Enjoy your reads :)
ReplyDeleteSo many awesome books this week! I still need to read The Body Finder series, but the covers are so pretty! Congrats on getting a Kindle Fire, it's so beautiful! haha! Have an awesome weekend Candace!
ReplyDeleteSweet! A Kindle Fire. Do you have Hounded ready? I'm glad you're doing another read-along! :)
ReplyDeleteOoh looks like some awesome books. I just got Bourne today. Can't wait to get started!
ReplyDeletehttp://livelaughlovebook.blogspot.com
Last Echo & Bourne...very cool. Enjoy you kindle fire.
ReplyDeleteAmy @ www.bookgoonie.com
WOW! Lots of envy here! A Kindle Fire--pretty snazzy!! And an ARC of The Calling?! I did read it already, it was an ARC that I borrowed, but still gotta get myself a keeper copy! Envious of The Last Echo! I was psyched to hear that it would be at RT in Chicago a week early--since I'm going. But you have it NOW!! SO envious! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy Black Howl--it's a doozie!!
My IMM will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!
Have a GREAT weekend!
Old Follower :)
Ooo! I've heard awesome things about Exiled and its sequel (Shift, I believe?) and anything by Kelley Armstrong is automatically awesome. Great mailbox this week!
ReplyDeleteMy IMM
Good to know that you like the Madeline Black series because I got Black Howl too. I reserved the first 2 and the library and I need to read them ASAP so I can put together a character Q&A.
ReplyDeleteTHE LAST ECHO!!! *flails* Love that series.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay on the Kindle Fire!
Awesome stuff! The Kindle Fire looks like a fun toy for sure. I'm sort of nervous about how The Last Echo will go because book 2 made me kinda leery. I hope it's great! Enjoy your stack of shiny!
ReplyDeleteOooo you Kindle Fire is so pretty! Plus all those books! You had am awesome week. The Calling is great! I flew through it last week. Enjoy them all.
ReplyDeleteI really want to read black howl! sounds so good, I've ordered it, but I have to wait now... Enjoy all your new reads!
ReplyDeleteMy IMM
Great books this week!!! I'd better hurry up and read Torrent so that I can get Bourne!!
ReplyDeleteHere's My IMM this week!
♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
I have to echo some of the other comments - The Last Echo!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy it and the others!
Happy reading!!!
Amanda @ Letters Inside Out - My IMM
you have a eclectic taste in books =) i love it!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my IMM
Ooh, a Fire! Do a review on it once you've had some time with it, will you? And you lucky girl--The Calling! I love Kelley Armstrong and the first in this series was really good. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new EReader! You have a bucket load of books to read this week. I hope you enjoy them all, here's to another great week!
ReplyDeleteAwesome books also I want to tell you that you have won an award :D
ReplyDeleteI think your blog is beautiful so I award it with the Lovely blog award.
Find it here:
http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2012/02/lovely-blog-award-d.html
http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/2012/02/lovely-blog-award-d.html
OOoh a Kindle! Awesome! And I can't wait to read the Calling I love Kelley <3
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
Congratulations on getting an eReader! While I still love my physical library, I love the easy availability of eARCs and am hooked on NetGalley! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHere's my IMM.
A kindle fire? BAM I think you just blew every other bloggers Imm post out of the water ;) Sounds like you had a GREAT week! Happy reading (:
ReplyDeleteMy Imm
My giveaway
What an amazing week!!!! And you got The Calling and The Last Echo!! I'm dying to read those two!
ReplyDeleteI still haven't read the first book in the River of Time series, maybe I should give it a try since so many people seem to love the series. Hope you enjoy all your books and happy Reading! :)
ReplyDeleteYay for the Kindle Fire, I hope your entire family is enjoying it! I'll have to ask you in a few more weeks how you like a longer reading session on it. I'm always afraid to get the non-e-ink screens because I think it will give me a headache reading on it.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got Exiled, hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it. Plus if I know you are reading it I'll stalk you, in a polite way lol, to find out what you think along the way. :)
Happy reading!
Ohoooooo, you got a Kindle Fire!! So awesome. I'd love it too... I so wish it was available internationally o:
ReplyDeleteAnd all of the books sounds super good as well. Don't even know where to start, so I'll just say, awesome IMM!