Thursday, July 15, 2010

400 follower contest! Show me your shelves! *ENDED*

CONTEST CLOSED
Hello my wonderful, lovely followers!  I want to thank each and every one of you who follows me and especially those who find the time to comment on my posts! 
I've reached 400 (421 today!) followers and I've decided to do a fun and unique giveaway.
The first winner will get to pick TWO of the books below.  IF reach 450 followers (I did it!) I'll add a second winner to pick one of the remaining books.  If I reach 475 (Yay! Got there too!) I'll pick a third winner to get the remaining book.  IF I get to 500 followers before August 15th I'll throw in another book! (Or maybe a GC!)- UPDATE: I'm only a few away from 600!  I'm throwing in a $10 amazon GC! 
Wake (Wake Series, Book 1)GracelingThe Adoration of Jenna FoxGoing Bovine 

So how do you enter?
Well, this is the fun part!

Take pictures of your bookshelves, your book storage, wherever you store your books!
Make a post on your blog, tell them about this contest and post your pictures.  Then come back here and leave the link and a way to contact you.
Don't have a blog? You can still participate!  Post on facebook, twitter or wherever you wish as long as you can leave a link for me to see your pictures!
Don't care to take a picture of your bookshelves?  Maybe your not able to keep books right now because your away at school or something.  You can still enter!  Find pictures on the internet of cool bookshelves, libraries and anything book related.  Either post on your blog or at the very least provide a link to the picture (where ever it may be and comment about it)


Want extra entries?

Keep the pictures coming!  You can post pictures of your own shelves, but if you find or take pictures of more bookshelves, libraries or book related things then I'll add more entries for you.  If you find some later after your initial entry then leave another comment, but be sure to let me know it's another entry and not the initial entry.


This is a follower contest. You MUST follow my blog. I don't do this usually but in this case I'M paying for it, so you have to follow me.


Contest is open to 13 and older.
US only (sorry, I just can't afford the shipping!)
Contest Ends August 15
Leave a comment linking to your blog post with the pictures.
Please specify you follow me and leave a way to contact you.
May tweet for extra entry, please tag me @candacemom2two and leave the URL to your tweet in your comment (or a separate comment).

Want to see my shelves?  Go HERE.

34 comments:

  1. I'm a follower!
    I found this pretty sweet bookshelf. Its a chair, and the shelves are inside and around the chair. That would be pretty convenient to have, cause when you finish abook all you have to do is bend down or turn and bam! theres more books just a short reach away! heres the link to the picture: http://www.beinteriordecorator.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/wooden-chair-bookshelf-by-Fishbol-Design-Atelier.jpg

    i also tweeted: http://twitter.com/wefreadom/status/18631740761 (@wefreadom)

    thanks so much for this creative giveaway!

    freadom31@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh another awesome bookshelf! It can be pulled down from the wall, locked together and turned into A BED! pretty sweet i must say. http://www.beinteriordecorator.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/bedcase-by-karen-babel.jpg

    oh, and this is an additional entry to my inital one.

    angela z
    freadom31@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the contest!! want to see an insane library?

    http://features.cgsociety.org/stories/2009_05/2009_05_stockholmlibrary/15-render-FG.jpg

    this is my initial entry.

    xoxo4rica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. heres another one!!

    http://bedzine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/funny-bookshelf.jpg

    it's shaped like a man.

    this is an additional entry to my initial one.

    xoxo4rica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these! That insane library is INSANE! I love it! And I really love the chair with the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome contest. I've been meaning to post pictures of my shelved for a while on my blog, and here's the incentive!
    Right now I'm Unplugged, so I'll have the entry next week!
    Hm...if the contest ends August 15, I won't have access to my computer until the 24/25, but I'll enter anyways; why not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the contest. Please enter me in contest. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Thanks so much for this awesome contest! Though right now I cannot take a picture of my shelf (I'll come back and post one later!!), I found this awesome, eco-chic bookshelf online!

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JmpkIMgnzIE/SzU1OUHPupI/AAAAAAAAj9k/scdpSlB4924/s400/Creative+and+Unusual+Bookshelves+13.jpg

    It's a tree!! I thought that was pretty swell.
    Thanks so much!
    xicecreamsjx@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. (extra entry)

    Actually, I found a whole page on unusual bookshelves! These kept me really entertained! I really want them...really badly!
    http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2009/12/23/creative-and-unusual-bookshelves/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm away from home right now, but I'll do an extra entry as soon as I get there of my own shelves. For now, these are the shelves I really, really want!

    http://www.umbra.com/ustore/product/330638/c560/conceal_book_shelf.html

    http://www.instructables.com/id/Inverted-Bookshelf/

    GreenParrott55 at hotmail dot com

    And of course I'm a follower. Why wouldn't I be with such a great blog? =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW,COngratulations on 400+ followers. Thats a huge deal!

    WIll return later to enter :) Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  13. Riv, I would love to see your shelves, whenever it may be!
    Gina, Thanks!
    Okapi- OMG! IN LOVE! I LOVE the tree! I also love the branch one, and the US one, and yes! I love them all! Thank you so much for sharing all them! It's making me think of all kinds of shelves I want and where I'd want them.
    And Anne, I LOVE that Umbra shelf and at that price... I may just have to buy one (some) sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun giveaway!!

    Here are my shelves : http://www.25hourbooks.com/2010/04/organized-bookshelves/


    Tara SG - contact@taraSG.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Thanks for this awesome giveaway, I'm excited!
    At the moment all my books are scattered along my house in either boxes or shelves I can't reach so I am unable to take a picture.

    http://www.home-designing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/16.jpg
    I think it would be pretty cool if it was raining books...

    I tweeted: http://twitter.com/lanakapana101/status/18733469297

    Thanks again!

    lanakapana010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's my extra entry:

    http://media.photobucket.com/image/cool%20bookshelves/BookeryNook/Shelves/Bibliochaise.jpg

    I can just pop-a-squat and grab a book. Pretty nifty eh?

    Thanks again for the giveaway!

    lanakapana010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My books are all stashed away in boxes, but I had fun with this anyway. Check out my blog post here:

    http://romance-aficionado.blogspot.com/2010/07/bookshelves.html

    I'm a follower & my email is aromagik@gmail.com

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a follower (through twitter) Initial entry...and more. ;)

    I found a few bookshelves, just through a simple google search. Good bookshelves, everyone!

    Swirly circle

    Cool book spine arrangement

    How do you get inside?

    MAD! A double bass that is actually a bookshelf!! WANT!

    Style over practicality

    Cute Mario-themed bookshelves

    My shelves are standard. Nothing too special... When I move out, I'm going to have mad shelves, that's for sure. :)

    cc932005[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  19. (Extra entry)

    Here's a picture of one of my shelves (I pikniked it)

    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs072.snc4/34947_1491767623908_1525545186_1233683_6545132_n.jpg

    xicecreamsjx@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You guys are so awesome! I'm seriously really loving this! I LOVE all these bookshelves and it's really making me want something unique and fun for my house (or several something's LOL). Thanks so much for sharing!
    And Okapi, love your pikniked shelf! Some good books on there! I think I just get like a book high or something looking at people's books, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope older photos of my shelves are okay!
    http://ladytinksblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/musing-monday-bookshelves.html

    Follower

    Ladytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. @cass I LOVE the mario themed shelves!! Those are the best things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  23. in addition to my first entries, I found another awesome bookshelf! http://victorsit.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/creative-wooden-bookshelf-bruno-petronzi1.jpg

    hehe i love these!
    angela z
    freadom31@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool contest!

    Tweet: https://twitter.com/bkobsessed17/status/19047085618

    Blog Post w/ book shelves!: http://randomteenshtuff.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-bookshelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. i'm always forgetting my email! Here ya go: xnzkisha17@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The best site ever is bookshelfporn.com They have soo many different bookshelves it's crazy! Here's one of my favorites:

    http://bookshelfporn.com/post/618340027

    I love when they are sorted by color!

    I'm a follower

    allisonsbj3(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. (extra entry)

    The arrangement of the books on this bookshelf is so pretty! I love the blues and greens. It must get a little hard to find what you're looking for though...
    http://blogs.davenportlibrary.com/reference/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/bookshelf3.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi - this is my original Bookshelf post link:
    http://marthasbookshelf.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-bookshelves-boxes.html
    I may have to take some updated pics.
    I am a follower.
    I also follow you on Twitter. MSEREADS I just Tweeted through tweetdeck but I don't know how to get the link for that.
    mesreadsATgmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. My Bookshelves post:
    http://baileysbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-bookshelves.html

    I am a follower on here and on twitter @angelgirl122193 =)

    angelgirl122193[at]aol[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Here's a picture of my current to-be-read pile. It's just sitting on the floor right now until I head back to college in a few weeks, hopefully with a pretty new bookshelf to go with them all!

    http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/1281322023p8/141193.jpg

    I'm a GFC follower.
    texas_gal45@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. (Extra Entry)

    Finally I made it home and was able to take pictures of my own shelves! Just in time too =)

    Here's my entry on shelves:
    http://creativityscorner.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-bookshelves.html

    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Here are some insane shelves I've found:
    **http://www.yalibrarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Libraries.jpg

    **http://paarl.wikispaces.com/file/view/beautiful-libraries_ztrainer_3.jpg/33420659/beautiful-libraries_ztrainer_3.jpg

    **http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/5030/slide_5030_69709_large.jpg

    **http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bMs_Iebqi_I/Seis-NylGTI/AAAAAAAAA_A/ZuGFVitW_nI/s320/Trendhunter.jpeg

    **http://weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bedroom-bookshelves.jpg

    **http://bookshelves.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/shelflife.jpg

    My camera isn't working right now so I couldn't take any pictures of my own shelves!
    I follow through GCF!

    twilightforever.edward at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loretta Davis
    I follow! :)
    Lorettadavis@suddenlink.net
    & I tweet
    @Loretta_Lynn86

    HERE's MY BLOG POST!!


    http://lorettadavisdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/08/candaces-book-blog-400-follower-contest.html


    & NOW FOR EXTRAS!!!

    http://www.zokk.com.au/images/inspiration_bookshelves.jpg
    This one is awsome!

    http://static.colourlovers.com/uploads/2008/01/colorful_bookshelves.jpg

    http://stagetecture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bookshelves_curtain.jpg

    http://www.beagletiles.com/page1/page19/files/page19_1.jpg

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ynkOxvGaV6s/RoPQNfu8xhI/AAAAAAAAAVQ/8DPXKu3WOHA/s400/dominio+1.jpg

    http://brideofthebookgod.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/bookshelves.jpg

    http://image.rol.vn/Resources/2009/06/27_DOOL_090627_CD_L1_H3.jpg

    http://www.manitouregionallibrary.ca/images/bookShelves.jpg

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YPqw-U1GIs4/Sn2K7uUkEHI/AAAAAAAAAwU/PTtRjk67vak/s400/rain+gutter+bookshelves+(basement).jpg

    http://digitalcomposting.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/gaiman_bookshelves_u_dsc_2452.jpg


    10 EXTRAS!!!

    OH I HOPE I WIN!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ENTERED!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I shared the info about this contest on my blog a couple of weeks ago - HERE, but somehow I keep forgetting to enter it & just realized it ends today.

    I don't have time to take pictures of all of our bookshelves this afternoon, but here is a photo of
    one set of our shelves.

    Thanks for hosting this fun contest! Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs