Saturday, May 8, 2010

In my Mailbox (8)

In my Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and is a weekly meme where we highlight all the books we've gotten for the week.
This was a great week and I have a BUNCH in the mail for next week (can't wait!).
I'm pretty excited to share this weeks books though!  
I got Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris (already finished!) and Burned by P.C. and Kristin Cast in the mail, pre-orders!  And I ordered Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder to make it $25 (just an excuse to buy it!).
I got Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves and Willow by Julia Hoban at the library.
And for contests...
This is just a peek, I will not be showing you everything yet!
Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey (my favorite author!)
This is for my birthday event (review and giveaway) and for the Once Upon a Read a Thon (prize).
So thank you Jacqueline!
I also got something pirate themed today!  So I'll be having a pirate themed giveaway for My Favorite Things.  It's going to be awesome!  
So what was in your mailbox?
Have a fantastic Mothers Day!

13 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading Burned and Dead in the Family!


    I hope you enjoy!!
    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/05/in-my-mailbox-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books for this week. Look forward to hearing what you think about Bleeding Violet!! I liked it.
    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read a book by Jacqueline Carey, but that cover is pretty! I'am looking forward to your review of it. Maybe I will add it to my tbrlist. :) Have a wonderful reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read anything by Harris yet but have seen her books mentioned and reviewed on other blogs. Think I need to check them out soon! have fun reading all the lovely titles you got this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo you got some great stuff! It's almost time for me to read another Sookie book. I'm only on the 3rd lol. You will love Chasing Brooklyn. I hope you like Bleeding Violet and Willow. I loved both! BV is a little different....but I thought that was fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Candace!
    I just discovered your blog through the IMM !
    I soooo can't wait to read "dead in the family" !!!
    I can't wait to read your reviews on all books !
    Have a good week !
    Caroline @ Portrait of a Woman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dead in the Family looks like it's going to be a terrific read. Your little boy -- in your profile picture -- is adorable. :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVED Willow, so I hope that you do! And I got Burned last week, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina, this trilogy can be stand alone but I fell in love with Kushiels Dart, the first in the Kushiel's Legacy world. It's become three trilogies now, but I think the first 6 books are pretty much a series. Just the 2nd trilogy has a different main character branched off from the first trilogy. The first book starts off slow because of the world building but the second half picks up and then the second book is AMAZING! Kushiel's Chosen has pirates (YUMMY!) and LOADS of adventure! Next month I'll be posting about all the books and an interview with Jacqueline Carey. And maybe I'll get more books of hers for giveaway. I'm going to her signing June 18th.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy Dead in the Family! I'm still deciding whether I want a hardback book 10, and that's the only reason I haven't bought it yet ... should I ... shouldn't I ... hmmm. Can't wait to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment. I try to reply to comments on here and/or through email (if you have it set so you can get replied to by email) but I'm not ALWAYS able to.

I do not accept awards because I do not have the time to repost. I thank you for considering me and your comments are the best award I could get!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Charmed Whispers kit by MagicalReality Designs